Banning Junk Food in Schools - A Frustrating Reality

In summary: I don't know what possessed administrators to decide it was okay to sell junk food in schools in the first place! If parents want to allow their kids to eat junk food, they can send it with them in a packed lunch. In summary, the gay law that was just passed in middle school states that junk food shouldn't be allowed in schools. This is probably done in order to prevent childhood obesity. However, it is frustrating that this law wasn't passed earlier when cell phones are still allowed. Despite this, apples are still pretty tasty, and it is helpful to have a class where you can destroy fruit.
haha sounds like food is your guyses least of concerns

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
Anyone who brings sack lunches packs them for themselves, and they pack a whole bunch of sweets and crap in there. And the school really doesn't care whether we bring in fast food, they really don't care about us.

:bugeye: What are all your parents doing? Why do they let them bring a bunch of junk to school instead of a healthy lunch? How can kids pay attention and learn if they're pumped full of sugar and caffeine rather than nutritious food?

Moonbear said:
I got the exact amount needed to buy lunch or a bag lunch handed to me each morning, and nothing more.
Our public schools didn't have any food facilities (and I went in both Alberta and Ontario). There was no choice in the matter of bringing your own. And no lunch room; we ate at our desks, then went out for noon recess.

Moonbear said:
:bugeye: What are all your parents doing? Why do they let them bring a bunch of junk to school instead of a healthy lunch? How can kids pay attention and learn if they're pumped full of sugar and caffeine rather than nutritious food?

didn't you know? nobody cares about learning anymore :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
Nothing, and sugar does not cause hyperactivity. :uhh: And yes, a lot of kids get VERY rowdy, especially in math... :confused:

Pengwuino said:
haha sounds like food is your guyses least of concerns
? :confused:

Moonbear said:
No problem. They just off-set the caffeine/sugar effects with Ritalin.

Math Is Hard said:
No problem. They just off-set the caffeine/sugar effects with Ritalin.

No kidding!