Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kinematic scheme

1. Jun 29, 2008 #1
    I am not sure if I'm in the right section to post this, but I'm going to try anyway...

Could anybody please show me how to sketch a kinematc scheme of this structure? I don't know how to represent the joints (especially the sliding ones).

Thank you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2008 #2
    The diagram looks challenging. I'd like to help but I don't know what you mean by a kinematic scheme. What's your ultimate goal? To get an equation for the position/orientation of reference frame six as a function of the position/orientation of all the other reference frames?
  4. Jul 4, 2008 #3
    My goal is to represent that machine replacing its parts with special symbols (basically I have to draw its simplified representation), and it seems easier, now that I found out it can be 3-D.
  5. Jul 4, 2008 #4
    You already have a diagram in 3D. You want to replace that nice diagram with something more abstract? Do you have a symbol set in mind?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?