Laplace Convolution proof - can someone please explain the diagram

In summary, the conversation is about understanding the concept of changing the limit to infinity in a proof related to finding the area of region R and how it relates to signals f and g. The individual mentions deriving the proof themselves and looking at a diagram for better understanding, as well as finding a reference for more information.
thomas49th

Homework Statement

http://gyazo.com/22f5c655071e49adf3f4652e8042873b

I derived the proof myself, but by arbitrary changing the t limit to infinity. I'm hoping that by understanding the diagram in the link above I will have a better idea of why I changed the limit. I currently look at it as we are finding the area of region R, but what does that have to do with signals f and g?

Thanks
Thomas

Physics news on Phys.org
also found a reference here

http://math.fullerton.edu/mathews/c2003/laplacetransform/LaplaceConvolutionTheorem.1.pdf

Still not really getting the point of the diagram

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the Laplace Convolution proof?

The Laplace Convolution proof is a mathematical technique used to solve problems involving convolution integrals. It is based on the Laplace transform, which is a mathematical tool used to convert functions from the time domain to the frequency domain.

How does the Laplace Convolution proof work?

The Laplace Convolution proof involves taking the Laplace transform of two functions, multiplying them together, and then taking the inverse Laplace transform of the result. This results in the convolution integral being solved.

Why is the Laplace Convolution proof useful?

The Laplace Convolution proof is useful because it allows for the solution of difficult convolution integrals, which are commonly used in physics and engineering problems. It also provides a more efficient method for solving these types of problems compared to traditional integration techniques.

Can you explain the diagram used in the Laplace Convolution proof?

The diagram used in the Laplace Convolution proof is a graphical representation of the steps involved in the proof. It shows how the Laplace transform and inverse Laplace transform are applied to the functions involved in the convolution integral, resulting in the final solution.

Are there any limitations to the Laplace Convolution proof?

Yes, the Laplace Convolution proof can only be used for linear systems, which means that the input and output signals must have a linear relationship. It also assumes that the functions involved have Laplace transforms, which is not always the case.