1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning about spintronics

1. May 9, 2007 #1
    I am interested in learning about spintronics. Anybody around who is familiar this field?

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2007 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was just looking over the Atomic, Solid State, Comp. Physics forum where ZapperZ was replying to a question about growing crystal lattices and said "the lattice mismatch is actually desirable because it produces a strain in the film that breaks the degeneracy of the crystal, allowing for the production of spin-polarized photoelectrons.".
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1326599#post1326599
    So I did a little googling on spin-polarized photoelectrons production and found out that spintronics is an application for these photoelectrons. You might want to ask ZapperZ.

Regards

4. May 10, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'll move this thread from EE over to that forum so that Zz sees it. Thanks for the pointer, dlgoff.

5. May 10, 2007 #4
    please see the original paper by Rashba!
    Wrinkler write a book about spin-orbit coupling, published by Springer
    you can consult it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?