Learn Physics: Options for Lazy College Students

In summary: If you're interested in pursuing a career in science, you should definitely consider becoming a graduate student!
adx24001
Hi, I just registered here, my reason for joining this post was to learn. I've had a flick through some of these posts and they are out of my league. In case you're wondering I studied science at school. I have been a bit lazy and didn't go to college or university, but keep my eye on what I can. I'm still keen to learn but I don't have much money. Are there any such things as an apprenticeship in the sciences, could you learn/work with someone or what alternatives do I have? Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi adx24001! If you want to learn about science, this is the place to be! Don't be discouraged by the high tech threads here. No one will ridicule you for not being as knowledgeable as someone else. As long as you are willing to learn and know where your breadth of knowledge begins and ends you should have no problem here.

In regards to your situation, if you are very interested in science, you may want to consider taking some courses at your local community college if possible. The cost of a credit is significantly cheaper than the equivalent courses at a university, and you will fill your appetite for knowledge and set yourself up to take future courses if you so desire.

Have you considered going back to school? A lot of people who decide not to enter university immediately after graduating high school later successfully return to their studies to obtain degrees.

I once worked with a man in his 30s who went back to school after years of working in the navy. While an undergraduate student, he was taken under the wing of a professor, who made him the lead student of a research group and supported him with enough funding to care for his family. He obtained a bachelor's degree in astronomy.

I'm a graduate student working as a graduate research assistant, and I feel like I'm in a science apprenticeship under my research adviser, who is training me to become a scientist.

Related to Learn Physics: Options for Lazy College Students

What is "Learn Physics: Options for Lazy College Students"?

"Learn Physics: Options for Lazy College Students" is a guide designed to help college students learn physics in a more efficient and engaging manner. It provides various options and tips for students who may struggle with traditional methods of learning physics.

Why would a lazy college student benefit from this guide?

This guide offers alternative ways for lazy college students to learn physics without having to put in excessive effort or time. It provides tips and techniques that are more engaging and may better suit their learning style, making the process of learning physics more enjoyable and effective.

What are some of the options suggested in this guide?

This guide suggests options such as interactive online resources, educational videos, and study groups as alternative ways for lazy college students to learn physics. It also includes tips for improving time management and reducing study stress.

Will this guide guarantee success in learning physics for lazy college students?

While this guide offers helpful tips and options, success in learning physics ultimately depends on the individual's effort and dedication. Using the suggested options may make the learning process more manageable and enjoyable, but it is still important for the student to put in effort and actively engage in the learning process.

Is this guide suitable for all levels of physics?

Yes, this guide provides options and tips that can be applied to different levels of physics, from introductory courses to advanced topics. It can also be beneficial for students studying physics in other fields, such as engineering or medicine.