Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lifting analysis in Ansys WB

1. Mar 18, 2016 #1
    Hello!

I wish to do a lifting analysis in Ansys workbench.

Basically it is a wagon with a train on it. I wish to analyse what happens to the model when lifting the wagon which has the weigth of the wagon+train.

What is the easiest way to analyse what will happen to the wagon when lifting it with slings attached to the side of the wagon? Should I apply a acceleration to the wagon which will represent the velocity of the lifting? I must decide if the lifting will result in any permanent deformation to the wagon when lifting it... any idea on how to proceed?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2016 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This sounds like a complicated and potentially dangerous analysis, have you considered that it might be better to have this analysis done by an experienced professional?

4. Mar 22, 2016 #3
    Why dangerous? Just static analysis...

5. Mar 22, 2016 #4

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this static analysis being done to certify a lifting or rigging fixture for a real-life application? Please provide more context (including images if possible) regarding the analysis you want to perform...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted