Linear Algebra - Incidence Matrix of an RLC Ckt

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
YoshiMoshi
Messages
233
Reaction score
10
<Moved from a homework forum. Template removed.>

I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I remember in linear algebra how to find the incidence matrix of an electrical network of purely resistors. Put how do I find it of a RLC circuit with resistors, inductors, and capacitors? I can't even find an example. Thanks for any help.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
YoshiMoshi said:
I'm not able to open that link
The link doesn't open here either. Looking for it in google gives the same link with the same result.

I think you can use complex impedances instead of the resistance. Inductor is jωL, capacitor is 1/jωC. Your matrix will depend on the frequency.
 
Link won't open here either. It is apparently a closed educational network in Sri Lanka:

address: University of Peradeniya
address: Peradeniya (20400)
country: LK
 
Today, I can't open the link either - using a different computer. The computer I used to read the pdf still opens it, but that may be because the pdf is cached on the machine.
 
YoshiMoshi said:
<Moved from a homework forum. Template removed.>

I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I remember in linear algebra how to find the incidence matrix of an electrical network of purely resistors. Put how do I find it of a RLC circuit with resistors, inductors, and capacitors? I can't even find an example. Thanks for any help.
I do not think the nature of the elements matters, as far as the incidence matrix is concerned.
For an example of an RLC circuit and its incidence matrix, you can have a look at p 385 (Section 9.1) of Basic Circuit Theory by Desoer and Kuh, 1969.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt and donpacino