Linear Algebra - Incidence Matrix of an RLC Ckt

• Thread starter YoshiMoshi
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

<Moved from a homework forum. Template removed.>

I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I remember in linear algebra how to find the incidence matrix of an electrical network of purely resistors. Put how do I find it of a RLC circuit with resistors, inductors, and capacitors? I can't even find an example. Thanks for any help.

Answers and Replies

I'm not able to open that link

I'm not able to open that link
The link doesn't open here either. Looking for it in google gives the same link with the same result.

I think you can use complex impedances instead of the resistance. Inductor is jωL, capacitor is 1/jωC. Your matrix will depend on the frequency.

Tom.G
Science Advisor
Link won't open here either. It is apparently a closed educational network in Sri Lanka:

address: University of Peradeniya
address: Peradeniya (20400)

Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Today, I can't open the link either - using a different computer. The computer I used to read the pdf still opens it, but that may be because the pdf is cached on the machine.

S.G. Janssens
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
<Moved from a homework forum. Template removed.>

I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I remember in linear algebra how to find the incidence matrix of an electrical network of purely resistors. Put how do I find it of a RLC circuit with resistors, inductors, and capacitors? I can't even find an example. Thanks for any help.
I do not think the nature of the elements matters, as far as the incidence matrix is concerned.
For an example of an RLC circuit and its incidence matrix, you can have a look at p 385 (Section 9.1) of Basic Circuit Theory by Desoer and Kuh, 1969.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and donpacino