Literature database?

• Thread starter sbrothy
  • Start date
I know about arxiv.org for natural science (is that the right term?) and pubmed for medical science. Is there a similar site for literature and the more softer "sciences"? :)

Answers and Replies

Have you tried https://archive.org/
Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.

But besides that, I guess it would be Amazon.com

There are actually many such databases, but not all that easily accessible from the open internet. I would speak to an academic research librarian for further assistance, assuming you have access to a decent university library.

You can find a whole lot of papers accessible from Academia.edu although note that this is a commercial service. It will try to upsell you on its deluxe paid service, but the freely accessible options will still get you a whole lot of papers, as well as (if desired) email suggestions based on what you read and download.

diogenesNY

Have you tried https://archive.org/
Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.

But besides that, I guess it would be Amazon.com

As I wrote, I know about arxiv.org. What I mean, though, is that arxiv doesn't contain much in the way of soft science. I'd like a similar place to go to for that.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
What I mean, though, is that arxiv doesn't contain much in the way of soft science.

At least, not that admits it. :wink:

As I wrote, I know about arxiv.org. What I mean, though, is that arxiv doesn't contain much in the way of soft science. I'd like a similar place to go to for that.
But they're not the same.