Little logo on website bookmarks?

• Thread starter Adrian Baker
  • Start date
In summary, the logo on website bookmarks is a visual identifier for a specific website that helps users easily recognize and locate their saved websites. To have a logo appear on your website's bookmark, you will need to add a favicon to your website's code. This can be done by creating a small image using an image editing software and following the instructions for your website's platform. The logo on your website's bookmark can be changed by replacing the current favicon, but this may affect your website's branding and recognition. If the logo is not showing up, it could be due to incorrect coding, browser cache, or compatibility issues. While not necessary, having a logo on your website's bookmark can be beneficial for branding and improving the user experience.
Adrian Baker
little logo on website bookmarks??

You know that little PF logo on your bookmarks on your browser.. How does it get there?? Most websites these days have a tiny logo that appears next to the website name in listings.
I'd like to do that with my website (www.t20suzuki.com) but don't know how to.

Anyone??

Thanks
Adrian Baker

Computer science news on Phys.org
It certainly will - thank you!

Related to Little logo on website bookmarks?

1. What is the purpose of the little logo on website bookmarks?

The logo on website bookmarks serves as a visual identifier for a specific website. It helps users easily recognize and locate their saved websites among their bookmarks.

2. How do I get a logo to appear on my website's bookmark?

In order to have a logo appear on your website's bookmark, you will need to add a favicon to your website's code. A favicon is a small image that appears in the browser tab and bookmark bar. You can create a favicon using an image editing software and add it to your website's code by following the specific instructions for your website's platform.

3. Can I change the logo on my website's bookmark?

Yes, you can change the logo on your website's bookmark by replacing the current favicon with a new one. However, keep in mind that changing the logo may affect the branding and recognition of your website among users.

4. Why is the logo on my website's bookmark not showing up?

If the logo on your website's bookmark is not showing up, it could be due to a few reasons. First, make sure that the favicon is added to your website's code correctly. If it is, try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the image file itself or with the browser's compatibility with favicons.

5. Is it important to have a logo on my website's bookmark?

Having a logo on your website's bookmark is not necessary, but it can be beneficial for branding and recognition purposes. It also adds a visual element to your bookmark, making it stand out among others. Additionally, having a favicon can improve the user experience by making it easier for users to find and remember your website.

Back