Load Cell Choice for dynamic checkweigher system

In summary, Zeshan is trying to automate the weighing and sorting of chickens using a plc and load cell, but he is having difficulty because the load cell is not giving him the right weight. He has a moving line of hanging chickens running at 8000 chicks/hr, and the conventional s.type load cell and digital indicator combination he is using is not fast enough to determine the exact weight of chicken in this short time. He thinks his weighing platform is too heavy, and combined mass is slowing the response of his measuring system. He has searched for a solution online, but all the suggested solutions are for checkweighers that are too heavy or not fast enough for his system. Muhammad has solved his problem, and he can
Muhammad Zeshan
Hello everyone, Greetings of the day.
My name is Zeshan, I am automation engineer, I am stuck in problem of automation of weighing and sort system in chicken slaughter house using plc and load cell. Everything is done right but load cell is not giving me the right weight to make the right decisions. I have a "moving line of hanging chickens" running at 8000 chicks/hr, the platform where the load cell is connected that has a length of 11.5cm and the time for one chicken to pass over that plat form is 350ms. now the problem is that the conventional s.type load cell and digital indicator combination which i am using is not fast enough to determine the exact weight of chicken in this short time. the min capacity of load cell should be 30kg(plat form assembly + 2kg chicken)
So please suggest me which type of load cell and indicator i should use to match the speed of the system.

Engineering news on Phys.org
This problem has been solved by industry. A good search term is "check weigher". Wikipedia has a good entry here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_weigher
It gives various suggestions for methods.

I also think your weighing platform is much too heavy compared to what you are measuring and that combined mass is slowing the response of your measuring system.

Bandit127 said:
This problem has been solved by industry. A good search term is "check weigher". Wikipedia has a good entry here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_weigher
It gives various suggestions for methods.

I also think your weighing platform is much too heavy compared to what you are measuring and that combined mass is slowing the response of your measuring system.
Thanks for your response, I have searched with "check weigher" term but all platforms throw me with different company made checkweigher assemblies like CAS and others but I can't find a specific load cell which I can use in my system..

Dear Muhammad
did you solve your problem ?
can you tell us how ?
Yorgos

What is a load cell?

A load cell is a transducer that converts mechanical force into an electrical signal. It is commonly used in weighing systems to measure the weight or force applied to the system.

What is the importance of choosing the right load cell for a dynamic checkweigher system?

The right load cell is crucial for accurate and reliable weight measurements in a dynamic checkweigher system. It ensures that the system can handle the necessary weight range and withstand the dynamic forces involved in the weighing process.

What factors should be considered when selecting a load cell for a dynamic checkweigher system?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a load cell for a dynamic checkweigher system include the maximum weight capacity, accuracy, response time, environmental conditions, and compatibility with the rest of the system.

What are the different types of load cells that can be used in a dynamic checkweigher system?

There are several types of load cells that can be used in a dynamic checkweigher system, including strain gauge, hydraulic, pneumatic, and piezoelectric load cells. Each type has its own advantages and suitability for different applications.

How do I determine the appropriate load cell for my dynamic checkweigher system?

The best way to determine the appropriate load cell for your dynamic checkweigher system is to consult with a load cell expert or supplier. They can assess your specific requirements and recommend the most suitable load cell for your system.