Strategies for Solving Logarithmic Find X Equations

• Thread starter geoffiez89@gmail.com
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone having trouble solving logarithmic equations and asking for help. They mention three specific equations and ask for assistance in approaching them. They also mention being familiar with logarithmic properties and trying to solve the equations with a calculator. Eventually, they are able to solve two of the equations through trial and error.
geoffiez89@gmail.com
ok I am having abit of trouble solving the find x type of questions
the 3 questions I've got are

1.) solve x for the following equation
loge(x) + loge(3x+1) = 1

2.) solve x
2loge(x) + loge4 = loge(9x-2)

3.) Given that loga(N) = 1/2(loga(24) - loga(0.375) - 6loga(3) ) find the value of N ..now i was wondering if ne-one would be able to help me with these types of questions cause i don't know how to approach em:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you familiar with logarithmic identities?

[tex]log(a)+log(b)=log(ab)[/tex]
[tex]log(a)-log(b)=log(\frac{a}{b})[/tex]
[tex]b\cdot log(a)=log(a^b)[/tex]

You must have been studying the properties of logs.

What is logx + logy equivenent to?

What about alogx ? Look at your basic properties and think about how to apply them to your problem.

Yeah i am familiar with them and when i tried applying them i got answers that didnt match when i tried putting them in a ti-83 calculator to match u can use second table to get rough answers but i would appreciate being bale to do them without a calculator

Show us your work.

oh its alright I've managed to figure out 2 and 3 after extensive rubbing out and many attempts lol now I am sure if i can do them that i should be able to do the first one

Related to Strategies for Solving Logarithmic Find X Equations

What is a "Find X" equation?

A "Find X" equation is a type of algebraic equation where the goal is to find the value of the variable "x" that satisfies the equation.

Why is solving "Find X" equations important?

Solving "Find X" equations is important because it allows us to find the unknown values in mathematical problems and real-world situations. It is also an essential skill for higher level math courses and many careers in science and engineering.

What are the basic steps for solving a "Find X" equation?

The basic steps for solving a "Find X" equation are: 1) Simplify both sides of the equation, if necessary; 2) Isolate the variable term on one side of the equation; 3) Use inverse operations to cancel out any constants or coefficients; 4) Check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving "Find X" equations?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving "Find X" equations include: forgetting to perform the same operation on both sides of the equation, making incorrect calculations, and not checking the solution before submitting your answer.

Are there any tips or tricks for solving "Find X" equations more easily?

Yes, some tips for solving "Find X" equations more easily include: 1) Keeping your work organized and writing out each step clearly; 2) Using the distributive property to simplify equations; 3) Trying to eliminate fractions by multiplying both sides of the equation by the least common denominator; 4) Practicing with a variety of equations to improve your skills.