1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a new textbook describing Differential Equations - recommendations?

1. Sep 14, 2006 #1
    This is my fourth week of calc4, and today we had our first test - which I do not believe I did too well on. I think differential equations are interesting (even fun), but our textbook lacks examples and proper explanations for the material we cover. As a result I turn to the internet and solutions manual to try to work backwards to see what they did.

This is vastly ineffecient and I feel if the book could just clearly and completely describe its processes I wouldn't have to waste time connecting the dots between several different sources.

With this said, can anyone recommend a textbook? I'd prefer to not go full-blown college edition just because they tend to be outrageously priced (at least the current ones), but i don't want to stoop down to the "dummies" books just because they tend to be not as thorough.

I guess what I'm looking for is some sort of review book - one that quickly and accurately describes the primary topics but skips through all the intermediate jibbajabba (so-to-speak).

If anyone has any suggestions as to online resources I would be greatly appreciative - I found that "paul's math notes" were very helpful, though it only covered a few topics.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?