Looking for physics based simulation for data generation

In summary, the conversation revolves around the search for physics-based simulation tools or software to generate data for a research project on neural networks. The data should be relatively close to real experiments and not too complicated. Suggestions for potential datasets such as weather, stock/bond prices, or lottery data are also mentioned. Technical questions are asked to further clarify the type of data needed.
up2front
Good day,

I am working on physics based neural networks and I am investigating the role of integrating physics based loss function on the network's training.
So I am looking for physics based simulation for data generation (online tools) to generate data from experiments.

I know I may generate data using the explicit laws on excel but I am looking for relatively close to real experiments simulation. Please note that I am not looking for complicated simulation I just need data for POC.

So if anyone aware of such simulation software or tool please let me know.

Technology news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

What kind of datasets? How many channels? How many bits of precision for each channel?

I would write a program in python to generate your test data.

use the theory to generate expected data and then use the math.rand function to add noise to the data.

we used this approach to create FFT test data that the FFT function could analyze and generate the frequency spectrum.

Likes up2front
up2front said:
Good day,

I am working on physics based neural networks and I am investigating the role of integrating physics based loss function on the network's training.
So I am looking for physics based simulation for data generation (online tools) to generate data from experiments.

I know I may generate data using the explicit laws on excel but I am looking for relatively close to real experiments simulation. Please note that I am not looking for complicated simulation I just need data for POC.

So if anyone aware of such simulation software or tool please let me know.
Not exactly what you are looking for (means I don't know how complicate an implementation is), but it fits to your research: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ving-electronic-schroedinger-equation.997917/

Likes up2front
berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

What kind of datasets? How many channels? How many bits of precision for each channel?
Well, any data set with enough variables that can be modeled into equation or loss function

up2front said:
Well, any data set with enough variables that can be modeled into equation or loss function
Sorry, please answer my questions explicitly and technically so that we can try to help you. Thank you.

You could always look for lottery data or weather data. Weather in particular could be interesting to analyze.

Or even stock/bond price trading data.

1. What is physics-based simulation?

Physics-based simulation is a method of creating a virtual environment or system that behaves according to the laws of physics. It involves using mathematical models and algorithms to simulate real-world physical phenomena such as motion, forces, and interactions.

2. How is physics-based simulation used for data generation?

Physics-based simulation can be used to generate data by creating virtual scenarios and collecting data from the simulated environment. This data can then be used for various purposes such as testing and validating algorithms, training machine learning models, or studying complex systems.

3. What are the advantages of using physics-based simulation for data generation?

There are several advantages of using physics-based simulation for data generation. It allows for the creation of controlled and repeatable experiments, reduces the cost and time associated with physical experiments, and enables the collection of data that may be difficult or impossible to obtain in the real world.

4. What are some applications of physics-based simulation for data generation?

Physics-based simulation can be applied in various fields such as robotics, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, and video game development. It can also be used for creating realistic virtual environments for training and education purposes.

5. What are some common techniques used in physics-based simulation for data generation?

Some common techniques used in physics-based simulation for data generation include finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, rigid body dynamics, and particle-based simulations. These techniques involve solving complex mathematical equations to simulate the behavior of physical systems.