Magnetic effect of electric current

In summary, current does not have any poles, a solenoid has N and S poles, and a bar magnet has poles.
Karan Punjabi said:
Yeah t

Yeah the lines of solenoid and bar magnet are never ending they are like a loop. And can you tell me that by making a conductor's shape into circular coil like structure and passing current through it how one end is described as north pole and one as south, just want to know that exactly what happens?
The "poles" are just places where the field lines are concentrated. If you make a loop then the field lines are concentrated inside the loop. Hence you get poles.

I think you are placing WAY too much emphasis on poles. They are not particularly important. Not all field configurations have them, and many field configurations have many more than just two.

You should stop worrying about poles and learn about fields. All this effort on understanding poles is wasted effort.

Likes sophiecentaur
Physics news on Phys.org
DaleSpam said:
The "poles" are just places where the field lines are concentrated. If you make a loop then the field lines are concentrated inside the loop. Hence you get poles.

I think you are placing WAY too much emphasis on poles. They are not particularly important. Not all field configurations have them, and many field configurations have many more than just two.

You should stop worrying about poles and learn about fields. All this effort on understanding poles is wasted effort.
Ohk I got it everyone thank you for so much of help actually i was really thinking for the poles too much but now i have got it.

Likes sophiecentaur