1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Making a graph of CuSO4 concentration vs volume of solution

Tags:
  1. Oct 12, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi, I dont even know where to begin with this type of graph. It does say that the graph should be a straight line. This is for one of my questions for my lab that Im completing.

This is the link of mytable with info http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w457/Hbjoi_Hggo/image.jpg1_zpsalfphs4o.jpg.

The specific question it asks is " Plot a graph of the CuSO4 concentration(at each dilution) vs. Volume of Solution A dispensed"
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

I don't understand what difficulty you are having. Can you be more specific?

For each data point ("beaker"), you have the concentration, which is in the last column, which will be the y values, and the corresponding volume of solution A, which will be on the x axis. The values you got are indeed close to a straight line.

4. Oct 12, 2016 #3
    Thank you. Sorry if I was being a little vague but you answered exactly what I kept worrying about. What I shouldve said in my original post was 1) if my work is correct and 2) what to put on the x axis and y axis

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted