1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Masters in Physics for undecided Specialization

1. Sep 19, 2016 #1
    Hello all,
    I'm currently an undergraduate Physics major in an Egyptian University, I was intending to pursue a masters in Physics in a university abroad (Europe or US) and I have not yet decided what do I want to specialize in, I wanted to ask for suggestions for Master's programs which involve some exposure to various fields in Physics before picking a specific field. If you have any suggestions or know good programs then please share!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2016 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Most mainland European universities offer this.

4. Sep 20, 2016 #3

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Here in the Netherlands at the beginning of the MSc program in physics the student has already chosen between theoretical and experimental physics, but the specialization itself can be decided later. (For programs in applied physics at technical universities this may be different.)

One advantage for foreign students doing an MSc in NL is that the language of instruction is English. The official Dutch organization for internationalization in education is called Nuffic. They also have a website specifically for prospective students. Some universities (in NL and elsewhere) offer Summer schools. This may be a good way to see whether you like a certain location and institution.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted