1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Materials Engineering vs Biomaterials Engineering

1. Mar 28, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am currently enrolled in a Materials Engineering course, but I recently found out that I might be allowed to switch to Biomaterials Engineering, which sounds a bit more appealing to me, since, at the moment, I am interested in a career in the pharmaceutical sector.

However, I am worried that, by making such a change, I would be narrowing my graduate prospects. Would I still be able to apply for general materials science jobs? Also, would the new major enable me to apply to biochemistry/bioengineering jobs? Lastly, is a more general major a better idea if I plan on going to graduate school?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2016 #2
    If I were looking at candidates, a biomaterials program would probably be close enough to materials engineering for many, although not for all purposes. This is to say, I wouldn't skip your resume just for that. Others may see this differently.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted