MATLAB Exercises Help: Solve Series RC Circuit & Plot Circle

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to using MATLAB and needs help with their homework. They have two exercises, one involving plotting the voltage across a capacitor and the other involving creating a program to draw a circle and perform calculations on it. The person is asking for help as they missed the classes teaching these concepts and are at risk of being held back a year. The expert summarizer reminds them that the purpose of their platform is to provide guidance and assistance, not to do the homework for them. They suggest following a tutorial and making an attempt at solving the problems before seeking further help.
apollon
Hello guys I'm totally new to MATLAB and i would like help solving the problems i have with my homework,I have these two excercises and don't even know where to begin

1st:
When a dc voltage E volts is switched on a cross a series RC circuit at t=0(s),the variation of the capacitor voltage with time is given by
Vc(t)=E(1-e^(-t/x)
x=R*C
E=10V
R=1000 oms
C=1mF
I need to use MATLAB to plot the voltage across the capacitor for t=0 to 6 time constants

2nd:
I need to develop a program to perform the following tasks :
1.Draw a circle on a 2-d plan,make your program promt te user for the following values:(a,b) is the centre of circle,radius r and number of points N.

Hint:you need to start by creating a vector of angels(use linspace function)
Equation of circle using the trigonometric functions sine and cosine as
x=a+rcost
y=b+rsint

2.After plotting the circle create a menu wuth two options.
If the user enters option 1 the program calculates the area of the plotted circle
If the user enters option 2 the program calculates the circumference of the circle

I need to do this homework as soon as possible,I missed the classes tha were teaching these stuff due to being sick and I'm now in risk of being hold back a year,any help would greatly appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
You have not made any attempt at answering your homework questions yourself. We are not here to do your homework for you, we will help, however, if you make an attempt at doing it for yourself. If you are completely new to MATLAB then the first thing you need to do is follow a MATLAB tutorial, either online or following the help in the MATLAB program itself. Then you need to make an attempt and solving the problems and report back to us when you get stuck. Cheers

What is a Series RC Circuit?

A Series RC Circuit is an electrical circuit consisting of a resistor and a capacitor connected in series. It is used to filter or smooth out signals in electronic circuits.

How do I solve a Series RC Circuit using MATLAB?

To solve a Series RC Circuit using MATLAB, you can use the built-in function "circuitsolver" which allows you to input the values of the resistor and capacitor, and it will output the voltage and current values for the circuit.

What is the purpose of plotting a circle in MATLAB?

Plotting a circle in MATLAB is useful for visualizing data, such as in a polar plot. It can also be used to create geometric shapes or to solve equations involving circles.

How do I plot a circle in MATLAB?

To plot a circle in MATLAB, you can use the "circle" function which takes the center coordinates, radius, and number of points on the circle as inputs. Alternatively, you can use the "polar" function to plot a circle in polar coordinates.

Can I customize the appearance of the circle plot in MATLAB?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the circle plot in MATLAB by changing the line style, color, and thickness using the "plot" command. You can also add a title, labels, and a legend to the plot to make it more informative.