Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s

In summary, for the pole-vaulter, their maximum height can be determined by using the principle of conservation of energy and converting their initial kinetic energy at a speed of 6.00 m/s into gravitational potential energy. For the person making homemade ice cream, the average power being expended can be calculated by first determining the work done for one complete turn of the crank and then computing the power.
iceT
A pole-vaulter approaches the takeoff point at a speed of 6.00 m/s. Assuming that only this speed determines the height to which he can rise, find the maximum height at which the vaulter can clear the bar.
in this 1 I am lost......
I ONLUY GOT 1 GIVINGS (6.00 m/s )
should i use the ...h0-hf = m ??

person is making homemade ice cream. She exerts a force of magnitude 19 N on the free end of the crank handle, and this end moves in a circular path of radius 0.32 m. The force is always applied parallel to the motion of the handle. If the handle is turned once every 1.9 s, what is the average power being expended?

i know that the P= WORK/TIME...
AND P= CHANGE IN ENERGY/ TIME

I TRIDE BOTH ..BUT NONE OF THEM WORKED FOR ME...

Physics news on Phys.org
iceT said:
A pole-vaulter approaches the takeoff point at a speed of 6.00 m/s. Assuming that only this speed determines the height to which he can rise, find the maximum height at which the vaulter can clear the bar.
in this 1 I am lost......
I ONLUY GOT 1 GIVINGS (6.00 m/s )
should i use the ...h0-hf = m ??
Think in terms of energy conservation. The vaulter starts with some kinetic energy due to his speed; assume that that energy gets converted to gravitational potential energy to find the maximum height.

person is making homemade ice cream. She exerts a force of magnitude 19 N on the free end of the crank handle, and this end moves in a circular path of radius 0.32 m. The force is always applied parallel to the motion of the handle. If the handle is turned once every 1.9 s, what is the average power being expended?
For every complete turn of the crank, how much work is done? Once you figure out the work, then compute the power.

I would approach this problem by using the formula for power, which is P = work/time. In this case, the work being done is the force being applied (19 N) multiplied by the distance the handle moves (which is equal to the circumference of the circular path, 2πr). So, the work done in one revolution would be W = 19 N * 2π * 0.32 m = 38π Nm.

Next, we need to find the time it takes for one revolution, which is given as 1.9 s. Now, we can plug these values into the power formula to find the average power being expended:

P = (38π Nm) / (1.9 s) = 20π Nm/s

So, the average power being expended in turning the handle is approximately 20π Nm/s.

What is the significance of the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" in pole-vaulting?

The "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" is an important measurement in pole-vaulting as it represents the highest point that a pole-vaulter can reach while maintaining a speed of 6.00 m/s. This measurement is used to determine the skill and athleticism of a pole-vaulter and is a key factor in their overall performance.

How is the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" calculated?

The "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" is calculated using a combination of the pole-vaulter's speed and their ability to transfer that speed into vertical height. This calculation takes into account factors such as the length and flexibility of the pole, as well as the technique and strength of the pole-vaulter.

Is the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" the same for all pole-vaulters?

No, the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" can vary for each individual pole-vaulter depending on their physical abilities, technique, and training. Some pole-vaulters may be able to achieve a higher max height, while others may have a lower max height.

What factors can affect the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s"?

There are several factors that can affect the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" such as the pole-vaulter's speed, strength, technique, and the conditions of the pole-vaulting event (e.g. wind, temperature). Proper training and conditioning can also play a significant role in increasing the max height for a pole-vaulter.

Can the "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" be improved?

Yes, with proper training, technique, and conditioning, a pole-vaulter can improve their "Max Height for Pole-Vaulter with Speed 6.00 m/s" and achieve higher heights. This requires consistent practice, dedication, and a strong understanding of the mechanics of pole-vaulting.