How Does MBWR-32 Help in Plotting Density Deviation for R134a?

• Thread starter alexisonsmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model
In summary, to calculate a graph showing the deviation of density against temperature, the Jacobsen-Stewart modified 32-term BEW equation (MBWR-32) can be used. This equation takes temperature, pressure, and critical values as inputs and returns the density as a result. By providing a range of temperatures and calculating the density for each temperature using the MBWR-32 equation, the graph can be plotted with temperature on the x-axis and density on the y-axis.
alexisonsmith
So by using the Jacobsen-Stewart modified 32-term BEW equation(MBWR-32) I am trying to calculated a graph which shows the deviation of density(y-axis) against temperature(x-axis)

I can calculate the pressure in terms of density using the following equation: P = ~ a,(T)p" + e-(p/~ )2 ~ a,(T)p 2"-17

I have the critical value for the pressure,density etc. However I do not know how to calculate the calculated density...

If you see the attachment I am trying to draw Fig 1 on page 21

Thanks

Attachments

• Paper 1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 718
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
in advance! To calculate the density based on temperature and pressure, you need to use the MBWR-32 equation. This equation takes the temperature, pressure, and critical values as inputs and returns the density as a result. To draw the graph, you need to provide a range of temperatures and calculate the density for each temperature using the MBWR-32 equation. You can then plot the results on a graph with the temperature on the x-axis and the density on the y-axis.

for sharing your model description of R134a. It sounds like you are using the Jacobsen-Stewart modified 32-term BEW equation (MBWR-32) to calculate the deviation of density against temperature. This is a commonly used equation in thermodynamics and is suitable for calculating the properties of R134a.

To calculate the graph that you are trying to create, you will need to use the equation P = ~a,(T)p" + e-(p/~ )2 ~ a,(T)p 2"-17. This equation allows you to calculate the pressure in terms of density, and you can use it to plot the pressure-density relationship on your graph.

You mentioned that you have the critical values for pressure and density, but you are unsure how to calculate the calculated density. The calculated density can be obtained by solving the equation for density, using the known values for pressure and temperature. This will give you a point on your graph that corresponds to the given pressure and temperature.

I hope this helps with your calculations and graphing. It's important to carefully consider the equations and values you are using, as well as the units and accuracy of your data, to ensure the accuracy and reliability of your results. Good luck with your research!

1. What is R134a?

R134a, also known as Tetrafluoroethane, is a type of refrigerant commonly used in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. It is a colorless gas with a faint sweet smell and has a low toxicity level.

2. How is R134a used in refrigeration?

R134a is used as a refrigerant in both residential and commercial refrigeration systems. It absorbs heat from the surrounding air, causing it to cool down and maintain a low temperature inside the refrigerator or air conditioner.

3. What are the properties of R134a?

R134a has a boiling point of -26.3°C and a freezing point of -101°C. It is non-flammable, non-corrosive, and has a low global warming potential. It is also compatible with most materials used in refrigeration systems.

4. How does R134a compare to other refrigerants?

R134a is a hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerant, which means it does not deplete the ozone layer. It replaced the use of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), which have been found to have a harmful effect on the environment.

5. Is R134a safe for use?

Yes, R134a is considered safe for use in refrigeration systems. It has a low toxicity level and does not pose any significant health risks. However, it is important to handle it with caution and follow proper safety guidelines when handling or disposing of it.