More electric forces pleaseee help

In summary, electric forces are the attractive or repulsive forces that occur between charged particles, caused by the interaction of electric fields. These forces can cause objects to attract or repel each other depending on their charges and can be measured using an electroscope. They are different from magnetic forces, which are caused by the interaction of magnetic fields and act between magnetic poles. Electric forces have many real-world applications in technologies such as electronics, power generation, and medical devices.
BuBbLeS01

Homework Statement

71eep00.jpg

Charge q2 experiences no net electric force. What is q1? (s=8.71 cm, q=-1 nC.)

Homework Equations

F = K * Q * Q1 / r^2

The Attempt at a Solution

How I solve for Q1 if I don't know F?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh nevermind...I got it!

Also, could you clarify what you mean by "more electric forces pleaseee help"? Are you looking for more information on electric forces or do you need help with a specific problem? Please provide more context so I can better assist you. Thank you.

What are electric forces?

Electric forces are the attractive or repulsive forces that occur between charged particles. These forces are caused by the interaction of electric fields, which are created by the presence of electric charges.

How do electric forces affect objects?

Electric forces can cause objects to attract or repel each other depending on their charges. When two objects with opposite charges are brought together, they will attract each other, while objects with the same charge will repel each other.

What is the difference between electric forces and magnetic forces?

Electric forces are caused by the interaction of electric fields, while magnetic forces are caused by the interaction of magnetic fields. Electric forces act between charges, while magnetic forces act between magnetic poles.

How can electric forces be measured?

Electric forces can be measured using an instrument called an electroscope. This device uses a charged metal rod and a thin metal leaf to detect the presence and magnitude of electric forces.

What are some real-world applications of electric forces?

Electric forces are used in a wide range of technologies, including electronics, power generation, and medical devices. Some examples include electric motors, generators, and defibrillators.