Motion Near the Earth's Surface

In summary, a 3kg box is attached to a string along a 30 degree slope and connected to a 3kg mass hanging on the right. The coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.2 and the system can be analyzed using Newton's Second Law. The picture can be shared by resizing it to a smaller resolution or by compressing it to a different format.
thomasrules
What is the acceleration of the system illustrated, if the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.2? Assume that it starts.

The picture is a triangle with an angle of 30degrees to the horizontal. A box of 3Kg is on the slope(hypotenuse) and attached with a string, going along the slope. It is basicaly a pulley system and there is a 3kg mass hanging on the right.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a basic Newton's Second Law problem. If you can, why don't you scan a picture in, or draw one, and tell us what you are doing :D

How shall I show you?

thomasrules said:
How shall I show you?

By loading it as an attachement to one of your messages ? :confused: :wink:

ya but
its too big...it says I can only allow 400X400 and have less than 50Kb

thomasrules said:
ya but
its too big...it says I can only allow 400X400 and have less than 50Kb

Yes,i've encountered the same problem with the dimention of the files i was going to upload.And that's because they remain on the server.
Maybe another format (.gif,compressed bitmap,.jpeg) with less dimension.

Compression compression compression :P or just post it elsewhere and post it as a link

its stupid because I don't know how to resize it to another resolution...

Photoshop will do it.

There It's finaly done all that work

Attachments

• Resized_physicsq.jpg
    Resized_physicsq.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 389
that one is better quality

Attachments

• Resized_physicsq.jpg
    Resized_physicsq.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 431

What is motion near the Earth's surface?

Motion near the Earth's surface refers to the movement of objects in close proximity to the Earth's surface, such as cars, people, and animals. It is affected by various forces, including gravity and air resistance.

How does gravity affect motion near the Earth's surface?

Gravity is the force that pulls objects towards the center of the Earth. It affects motion near the Earth's surface by causing objects to accelerate towards the ground at a rate of 9.8 meters per second squared. This means that objects will fall faster the longer they are in motion.

What is the difference between speed and velocity in motion near the Earth's surface?

Speed is a measure of how fast an object is moving, while velocity is a measure of both the speed and direction of an object's motion. In motion near the Earth's surface, an object's speed may remain constant, but its velocity can change if it changes direction.

How does air resistance affect motion near the Earth's surface?

Air resistance is a force that opposes the motion of objects through the air. It is affected by factors such as the shape and size of the object, as well as the density of the air. In motion near the Earth's surface, air resistance can cause objects to slow down and eventually come to a stop.

What is the difference between static and kinetic friction in motion near the Earth's surface?

Static friction is the force that keeps an object at rest from moving, while kinetic friction is the force that opposes the motion of an object. In motion near the Earth's surface, static friction can prevent an object from moving until a force is applied, while kinetic friction can cause an object to slow down or stop.