1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motion Near the Earth's Surface

1. Dec 14, 2004 #1
    What is the acceleration of the system illustrated, if the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.2? Assume that it starts.

The picture is a triangle with an angle of 30degrees to the horizontal. A box of 3Kg is on the slope(hypotenuse) and attached with a string, going along the slope. It is basicaly a pulley system and there is a 3kg mass hanging on the right.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2
    This is a basic Newton's Second Law problem. If you can, why don't you scan a picture in, or draw one, and tell us what you are doing :D

4. Dec 14, 2004 #3
    How shall I show you?

5. Dec 14, 2004 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

By loading it as an attachement to one of your messages ??? :confused: :wink:

6. Dec 14, 2004 #5
    ya but
    its too big.....it says I can only allow 400X400 and have less than 50Kb

7. Dec 14, 2004 #6

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes,i've encountered the same problem with the dimention of the files i was going to upload.And that's because they remain on the server.
    Maybe another format (.gif,compressed bitmap,.jpeg) with less dimension.

8. Dec 14, 2004 #7
    Compression compression compression :P or just post it elsewhere and post it as a link

9. Dec 14, 2004 #8
    its stupid because I don't know how to resize it to another resolution....

10. Dec 14, 2004 #9
    Photoshop will do it.

11. Dec 14, 2004 #10
    There It's finaly done all that work

Attached Files:

12. Dec 14, 2004 #11
    that one is better quality

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?