Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motor starter for conveyor

1. Sep 10, 2012 #1
    hello guys...

im now doing motor starter for conveyor..so i decide to use 4 magnetic contactor connected with overload relay each..1 contactor for main supply and i make some looping for other 3 contactor each contactor connected to one conveyor... it is 3 phase and 2 poles overload relay..im having some problem on the on/off switch button..right now if im using push button..so everytime i wanna on the conveyor i have to hold it to make sure its keep running..my problem is my boss want me to use different on/off button which mean 1 button on and 1 button off...so i cant figure out how the connection...plus i add one master switch...how can i make it happen?? i try to google the solution but still cant find any solution...so anyone reading this hope can help me..thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2012 #2
    This is the circuit to use.
    If 120 volt is removed and then reapplied, the conveyor doesn't start running.

Attached Files:

4. Sep 13, 2012 #3
    the motor using wye connection...from what i learnt wye connection have neutral wire...so i have to use neutral wire too? because without the wire the conveyor still moving..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook