What inspired an engineering graduate to pursue a career in theoretical physics?

In summary, an engineering graduate was inspired to pursue a career in theoretical physics due to their fascination with the fundamental laws of nature and their desire to understand the universe at a deeper level. They were drawn to the mathematical and analytical approach of theoretical physics, as well as the potential to make groundbreaking discoveries and contribute to the advancement of science. Their passion for problem-solving and curiosity about the mysteries of the universe ultimately led them to choose a career in theoretical physics.
Mayank Bhandare
Hey there!

This is Mayank Bhandare, from India. I am a recent graduate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Mumbai. Though it's a strange switch as many would say, I am planning to pursue a career as a Theoretical Physicist/Cosmologist. I have a couple of entrances the next month, and yep, I am looking forward to this wonderful association with you guys here on the forum. Thanks!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

In order to help you start, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

We are ready to help anyone who wants help. Hope we shall have a great time together. And best of luck for your upcoming examinations. Enjoy your time here. :smile:

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes Mayank Bhandare
Thank you so much! ☺

Likes Wrichik Basu