My View On Fysics : Away With Distance

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, Tensors are necessary in order to describe our space-time-manifold, however they can be very complicated to calculate.
marlon
The biggest problem in theoretical fysics are the calculation-horrors that come along with working with tensors. These mathematical objects are necessary in order to describe our space-time-manifold, yet they all are necessary because our "world" has to be Lorentzian and flat when viewed at locally. In this flat world we like to measure things.

If we were to be able to give up the concept of distance then tensors would not anymore be necessary in order to maintain covariance, right ?

i think that the concept of fysical dualities is the most fundamental off all. Like T-duality shows us in string theory, there is a minimal distance at which we should study the universe, because when looking at even smaller scales the fysical laws and rules would not change anymore. Here distance has been beaten by dualities.

Have dualities ever been beaten by distance ? I think not...

How bout that for a change, hmm?

greetz
marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi marlon,

A definition for a point:
A singleton set p that can be defined only by tautology ('='), where p has no internal parts.

A definition for an interval (segment):
A singleton set s that can be defined by tautology ('=') or '<' or '>', where s has no internal parts.

aridno said:
1. What is a singleton?
2. What is "="?
1. Singleton set http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SingletonSet.html
2. Tautology (x is itself or x=x).
aridno said:
3. What is an "no internal parts"?
3. Non divisible or Urelement (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Urelement.html).

Can you please define an Urelement between p and s?

Last edited:
Universes with large scale factors are supposed to be equivalent
to universes with small scale factors under T duality.This means that a universe with
a larger redshift ,for the same distance, as another universe, should be physically
the same as the other universe.For this to be correct then dark energy cannot be anything exotic - it must transform under Tsymmetry like other forms of matter- it must be a field of some kind, some kind of radiation, or some kind of baryonic matter.

What is fysics?

Tensors are just linear algebra; what is so horrifying?

Tensors are not based upon a concept of length.

Hurkyl said:
What is fysics?

Tensors are just linear algebra; what is so horrifying?

Tensors are not based upon a concept of length.

I am just saying that the calculation of tensors is mostly very very elaborate and much work. I am wondering how this calucations can be simplified.

Just like we are always looking for symmetries in order to make calculations more easy

regards

marlon

1. What is the main concept behind "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance"?

The main concept behind "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" is the idea that distance is not a physical property, but rather a human construct used to measure the separation between two objects. This view challenges traditional notions of space and time and proposes a new way of understanding the universe.

2. How does "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" differ from traditional theories of physics?

"My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" differs from traditional theories of physics in that it rejects the concept of distance as a fundamental property of the universe. Instead, it proposes that distance is a subjective measurement and does not exist independently of human perception.

3. Can you provide an example of how "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" applies to real-world situations?

One example of how "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" can be applied to real-world situations is in the study of quantum entanglement. This phenomenon, in which two particles can be connected regardless of distance, challenges traditional ideas about the separation between objects and supports the concept that distance is a subjective human construct.

4. How does "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" impact our understanding of the universe?

"My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" has a significant impact on our understanding of the universe as it challenges traditional notions of space and time. By viewing distance as a human construct, it opens up new possibilities for understanding the interconnectedness of the universe and how we perceive it.

5. Are there any practical applications of "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance"?

While "My View On Fysics: Away With Distance" is primarily a theoretical concept, it has the potential to inform future developments in fields such as quantum mechanics and cosmology. By questioning traditional notions of distance, it may lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.