Need help on logic problem for Biology class

In summary, the conversation discusses a difficult logic problem and the variables involved in it, including the shapes, colors, borders, and numbers. It also mentions the potential order of the sequence and the importance of finding a consistent pattern. The person has attempted to solve the problem but has not been successful, and requests help from others. There is also mention of a program that may aid in solving the problem. The conversation ends with some suggestions for how to approach finding the solution.
N00bman

Homework Statement

Hey guys, so I have been trying for the longest time to find the pattern in a hard-level logic problem with no success. I was wondering if someone on here could take a look at the problem and come up with the correct pattern. The variables involved in the problem are the three shapes inside the larger shapes, the larger shapes, the colors, the borders, and the numbers inside the shapes.

Homework Equations

The sequence order is either clockwise or counter-clockwise (as in each card looks at the card on either side of it but not both). The factors could be any of the variables listed above. And idk if this is true but I heard that the shapes have a precedence order (as in they look for more than one variable and if one of the variables are not satisfied, then they go to the next variable to see if that one is satisfied).

The Attempt at a Solution

I have tried for the longest time to find the pattern but to no avail. I did find a couple patterns but they were not consistent throughout the sequence (for example, the number in the shapes influencing the number of sides on the next shape). So once again, I would really appreciate it if someone could find a solution to this problem. :D

Attachments

• patternmaster forum.jpg
    patternmaster forum.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 474
Physics news on Phys.org
What are the four shapes on the right for? I am seeing everything in the circle as being happy, so I'm a bit perplexed on what's going on. I see in the description that looking at the one clockwise or counter-clockwise is for easy and medium questions. I'm wonder if you could be looking across the row or two away in hard questions.

Edit: I think I figured out the program works, though not the solution. Do you put the items in the circle and move them around to deduce the relationship? I would start looking at very different kinds of rules. If they all seem to stay happy regardless of order, I would look at scenarios that have nothing to do with the order.

Edit Edit: I think you will have to reorder them in enough different ways that you can tell us if the shape looks clockwise or counterclockwise (or other if that's possible). It is not feasible for those of us who want to help to figure out the rule from a single screenshot alone, so you'll need to experiment with it enough to give us more information.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of logic problems in biology class?

Logic problems in biology class help students develop critical thinking skills and apply their knowledge of biological concepts to solve complex problems.

2. How can I improve my logic skills for biology class?

To improve your logic skills for biology class, practice solving problems and puzzles regularly, break down complex problems into smaller parts, and seek help from your teacher or peers if needed.

3. What are some common strategies for solving logic problems in biology class?

Some common strategies for solving logic problems in biology class include identifying key information, making logical deductions, and using diagrams or charts to organize information.

4. Can logic problems in biology class have more than one solution?

Yes, logic problems in biology class can have multiple solutions. It is important to carefully analyze the problem and provide a logical explanation for your answer.

5. How can I apply my knowledge of biology to solve logic problems?

To apply your knowledge of biology to solve logic problems, make connections between biological concepts and the information given in the problem, and use your understanding of biological processes to make logical deductions.