New at pspice guidance will be appreciate

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to using pspice and is trying to learn how to use it for a course with a final project. They are seeking guidance on how to define the voltage source and R1 in order to make measurements using standard analysis techniques and compare them to pspice results. They are also advised to make a correction to the VCVS by swapping the input and output terminal wiring and setting the gain property.
Dexterous
Hello I am new at pspice and actually i know only how to place parts and wire them..
this is the circut
986pspice_1.png

and this is what i did so far
830pspice_2.png

i need to know the voltage and the power on R1.
i don't really know where should i start :/
thx.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is your question regarding how to use pspice or are you just trying to answer a circuit analysis question (and perhaps thought using pspice would be simpler than thinking about the circuit for a moment :wink:)?

If the former, your VCVS is wired backwards.

Last edited:
im trying to learn how to use pspice actually :]
i have a course with a final project at the end of the semester..

do i need to define the voltage source as a variable or somthing?
and what about R1 is there any definition i should do?

Make the correction to the VCVS (the input and output terminal wiring should be swapped). Double-click (or something) the VCVS symbol to set the gain property to what you want. That's pretty much all I can suggest. I suppose you can insert voltage, current probes at appropriate places to make measurements, etc. Answer the question using standard analysis techniques so you can compare with the pspice results.

thx!

1. What is PSpice?

PSpice is a simulation software used by engineers and scientists to design and analyze electronic circuits. It is widely used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and telecommunications.

2. How can PSpice benefit me as a scientist?

PSpice allows you to simulate and analyze circuits before physically building them, saving time and resources. It also provides accurate results and allows for testing different design options without the need for physical prototypes.

3. What is the new guidance for PSpice?

The new guidance for PSpice includes updated features and functions such as improved simulation accuracy, faster simulations, and a more user-friendly interface. It also offers new models and libraries for various components.

4. How can I access the new PSpice guidance?

The new PSpice guidance can be accessed through the official website of PSpice, or through various online resources and tutorials. It is also recommended to consult with experienced PSpice users for guidance and tips.

5. Will the new guidance impact my previous PSpice projects?

The new guidance may have some changes and updates, but it should not affect your previous PSpice projects significantly. However, it is always recommended to double-check your simulations with the new guidance to ensure accuracy.