1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nikola Tesla

1. Dec 16, 2007 #1
    1. The problem is that I have to create a two-minute presentation on Nikola Tesla and I'm not sure what I can show that is of interest (i.e. model, etc.)

I've tried making powerpoints but I have found that they aren't as interesting as models etc.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2007 #2
    you can show his age compaird to other men at that time. Or amount of significant discoveries compaired to Einstien. Or even show how his electric stuff works.

4. Dec 16, 2007 #3
    that just proves that tesla was older than einstein??

5. Dec 16, 2007 #4
    Or show how his elctical stuff works in a diagram.

Or show his discoveries in a bar graph compared to Einstein.

Read my post completly. lol

6. Dec 16, 2007 #5
    ok thanks :smile:

7. Dec 16, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Apparently, you have not even done the most basic research on Tesla and his work. Google on Tesla and you will find enough to keep you occupied for hours. Why did George Westinghouse hire him? Why did Edison not pay Tesla for his work on Edison's DC systems? Why might AC have an advantage over DC when power transmission occurs over long distances?

8. Dec 16, 2007 #7
    Heh. No problem. I think Turbo is more educated about Tesla than I am though.

9. Dec 16, 2007 #8

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

To quote one biography

10. Dec 17, 2007 #9

RonL

Gold Member

Reading Tesla's patents, should produce enough material to fill at least a couple of hours of interesting presentation.
    Its sad that he is so little known.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?