Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nobel lectures!

1. Aug 6, 2006 #1

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I recrently read Feynman's nobel speech and it was extraordinarily interesting+insightful+inspirating+....

What are the other great Nobel speech out there?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2006 #2

Mk

Do you have a link to it for us?

4. Aug 6, 2006 #3

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

5. Aug 7, 2006 #4
    thank you kind sir

6. Aug 8, 2006 #5

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thou art welcome noble lad.

7. Aug 8, 2006 #6

Mk

Jesus, how many hours is that speech? I hope he didn't memorize it. :surprised

8. Aug 8, 2006 #7
    i like this lecture better then any other i've read so far, but then again, i haven't read that many...

this lecture was linked to several times on PF, so ive read it half a year ago or so, and i re-read it with a friend who appreciates this kind of things.

feynman is one of the greatest men of the 20th century.
    i can never get enough of his lectures, ive been reading his lectures on physics for 2 years (haven't even covered 10% of them yet).

and "surely you're joking mr. feynman" was good too, this man knows how to tell stories!

it may be off-topic... but if we already are talking about feynman lectures... i'd quote some great sayings. (i just came back to read his intro a few days ago) :biggrin:

9. Aug 9, 2006 #8
    well interesting one!!
    Being long even then it had the power to make one focuss.....well guy gives nice synonyms like comparing with females.....definitely possessed a superior way to say things .....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?