1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Physics in Vietnam

1. Feb 23, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm from Vietnam ( a developing country as you know ). I have graduated since August 2015. Bachelor's in Physic ( Nuclear Physic).
    I joined many social activities and also was a students' leader in my department.
    I did 2 researchs during my university.
    Now I really want to make my dream true that I can be a research assistant in the field.
    Could someone suggest what I have to do next or let me now more if I have to have an IELTS or some of certificates?
    Thanks all.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2016 #2
    Do you attend university in Vietnam? Do you wish to stay?

4. Feb 23, 2016 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

First you absolutely must improve your English.
    Second, you should contact Jean Tran Thanh Van and explain your desire.

5. Feb 26, 2016 #4
    Yeah, there are many Asian students/scientists whose English is not quite good enough, though it has really improved compared to a few years ago. But is PF staff now really preemptively advising any Asian to improve their obviously poor English? I know PF quality has slowly been dropping as the site got bigger, but you have been here for a really long time, though 5 years less than me. Have we really dropped that low?

6. Feb 26, 2016 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think he needs to improve his English. Are you arguing what he wrote is good enough to get a PhD?

7. Mar 1, 2016 #6
    I've got an TOEIC certificate ( 785 ) and also recently done my IELTS band 6.0 course. I think I can read, listen , write and speak quite well. Because I don't have any place to practice my English but those boring practice tests. It there's any condition, Please let me know more. Thanks Everyone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook