Can I Become a Research Assistant in Nuclear Physics in Vietnam?

In summary, the individual is from Vietnam and graduated with a Bachelor's in Physics in 2015. They have participated in social activities and held a leadership position in their department. They have also conducted two research projects during their time in university. Their dream is to become a research assistant in the field and they are seeking advice on how to achieve this goal, including whether they need to take the IELTS or obtain other certificates. Some individuals have suggested that they improve their English skills before pursuing their dream.
Tuyen
Hi everyone, I'm from Vietnam ( a developing country as you know ). I have graduated since August 2015. Bachelor's in Physic ( Nuclear Physic).
I joined many social activities and also was a students' leader in my department.
I did 2 researchs during my university.
Now I really want to make my dream true that I can be a research assistant in the field.
Could someone suggest what I have to do next or let me now more if I have to have an IELTS or some of certificates?
Thanks all.

Likes Delong
Physics news on Phys.org
First you absolutely must improve your English.
Second, you should contact Jean Tran Thanh Van and explain your desire.

Vanadium 50 said:
First you absolutely must improve your English.
Second, you should contact Jean Tran Thanh Van and explain your desire.

Yeah, there are many Asian students/scientists whose English is not quite good enough, though it has really improved compared to a few years ago. But is PF staff now really preemptively advising any Asian to improve their obviously poor English? I know PF quality has slowly been dropping as the site got bigger, but you have been here for a really long time, though 5 years less than me. Have we really dropped that low?

I think he needs to improve his English. Are you arguing what he wrote is good enough to get a PhD?

I've got an TOEIC certificate ( 785 ) and also recently done my IELTS band 6.0 course. I think I can read, listen , write and speak quite well. Because I don't have any place to practice my English but those boring practice tests. It there's any condition, Please let me know more. Thanks Everyone.

1. What is the current status of nuclear physics research in Vietnam?

Nuclear physics research in Vietnam is a growing field with a focus on both theoretical and experimental studies. There are currently several universities and research institutes in Vietnam conducting research in this field, including the Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology and the Vietnam Atomic Energy Institute.

2. How has nuclear physics impacted Vietnam's energy production?

Nuclear energy currently accounts for a small percentage of Vietnam's total energy production, but the government has plans to increase its use in the future. The country's first nuclear power plant is under construction and is expected to be operational by 2026. Additionally, nuclear physics research has also contributed to advancements in renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power.

3. What are some major achievements in nuclear physics in Vietnam?

Vietnam has made significant contributions to nuclear physics research, including the development of a low-energy ion accelerator and a high-intensity proton accelerator. The country also hosts an International Center for Interdisciplinary Science and Education (ICISE) which promotes collaboration and research in various fields, including nuclear physics.

4. How does Vietnam ensure the safety and security of its nuclear facilities?

Vietnam has a rigorous regulatory framework in place to ensure the safety and security of its nuclear facilities. The country is a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and follows its guidelines and regulations for nuclear safety and security. Additionally, the government regularly conducts safety inspections and emergency drills at nuclear facilities.

5. What are some current challenges facing nuclear physics research in Vietnam?

One of the main challenges facing nuclear physics research in Vietnam is the lack of funding and resources. This has hindered the development of new technologies and equipment, as well as the recruitment of highly qualified researchers. Another challenge is the public perception of nuclear energy, which has led to some opposition and delays in the construction of nuclear power plants.