Ocean Noise Generator - MyNoise.net

In summary, the noise generators created by the author are designed to create realistic sound effects that resemble the ebb and flow of surf sounds, the sound of bacon frying, and the sound of water falling.
Engineering news on Phys.org
I haven't listened to your sounds, but if you took an ordinary white/pink noise source, and cyclically raised then lowered its volume, it will resemble the ebb and flow of surf sounds. That cyclic volume change could be controlled by a something resembling a low-frequency sinewave, perhaps with a bit of randomness added so the sound isn't perfectly repetitive.

Just as easily you could pass the noise through a filter, but modify the filter characteristic so it cyclically allows higher pitch noise through, to give the impression of a whitecap approaching closer.

Is that what you are asking?

NascentOxygen said:
I haven't listened to your sounds, but if you took an ordinary white/pink noise source, and cyclically raised then lowered its volume, it will resemble the ebb and flow of surf sounds. That cyclic volume change could be controlled by a something resembling a low-frequency sinewave, perhaps with a bit of randomness added so the sound isn't perfectly repetitive.

Just as easily you could pass the noise through a filter, but modify the filter characteristic so it cyclically allows higher pitch noise through, to give the impression of a whitecap approaching closer.

Is that what you are asking?

ok i am trying this

GetNextValue() * Math.Sin(Math.PI * rnd1.Next(4) * n2 / 44100D);
GETNextValue() returns the next pink number
um.. is sound better but not like
the site.
is there anything else I can do ?

I used to play around with noise / sound generation and even made a few bucks for designing a realistic jet engine noise. Generally, this proved good for many wind-like whistle sounds.
I suspect that bacon frying / water falling noises start with random impulses going through the same sort of treatment.
The ocean noises and lightning are beyond me.

Best Luck,

- Mike

btb4198 said:
ok i am trying this

GetNextValue() * Math.Sin(Math.PI * rnd1.Next(4) * n2 / 44100D);
GETNextValue() returns the next pink number
um.. is sound better but not like
the site.
is there anything else I can do ?
I can only reiterate. When a sound or noise approaches you, (a) the volume of that sound gets louder, and at the same time (b) the higher frequencies in that noise become much more noticeable (i.e., even louder still). I surmise that propagation of sound through air experiences increasing attenuation with increasing frequency. Perhaps you could experiment with those effects just one at a time, to judge the realism of each, before implementing both. Drive the two effects from the one signal so they occur in synchrony. A sinewave won't be the best waveform for this, of course, but it is the nearest at hand; you can tailor this waveform to your critical ear in the final stage.

Good luck with it!

Related to Ocean Noise Generator - MyNoise.net

1. What is an Ocean Noise Generator?

An Ocean Noise Generator is a tool that creates ambient sounds of the ocean, allowing users to customize the level and type of noise to their liking. It is designed to help users relax, focus, or sleep.

2. How does the Ocean Noise Generator work?

The Ocean Noise Generator uses a combination of pre-recorded sound clips and mathematical algorithms to create a continuous and ever-changing soundscape of the ocean. Users can adjust the volume, mix, and other parameters to create their desired sound.

3. What are the benefits of using an Ocean Noise Generator?

Studies have shown that listening to the sounds of the ocean can have a calming effect on the mind and body. It can help reduce stress, improve focus and concentration, and promote better sleep. Additionally, the Ocean Noise Generator can be used as a tool for meditation and mindfulness practice.

4. Can I use the Ocean Noise Generator for free?

Yes, the Ocean Noise Generator on MyNoise.net is completely free to use. However, donations are accepted to support the website and the creator's efforts in maintaining and improving the tool.

5. Is the Ocean Noise Generator scientifically proven to be effective?

While there is limited research specifically on the Ocean Noise Generator, studies have shown that the sounds of the ocean can have a positive impact on mental and emotional well-being. The tool also incorporates elements of sound therapy and mindfulness practices, which have been scientifically proven to be effective in reducing stress and promoting relaxation.