1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online book with examples and exersices?

1. Feb 7, 2006 #1

rea

Hi there people, I have been in the physic course of my school, tought I not aprovate it.

Then I need present a exam of "recuperation", I will like to know if you have a book/resource (online) because I can't buy for the moment and the exam is soon, then I need to see examples :), I think now that I have studied I understand somewhat good some concepts then I guess I not need more "theory" but get hands on examples and exercises, that also mean that a large text will not help much because no time for read it.

I'm litle rusty at calculus and vectors, but I think I can pass over... the not much problem about that. With me specially what fail is how to solve the problem, that is something like "I understand what you whant, I understand the 'factors(concepts in theory)' in the problem, but dont know how exactly plug them on"... for example, now I'm trying to solve a problem in electric field, is the one that is a semicircle with a +Q in the midle and -Q in the other midle... I know that I have a [tex]d\theta[/tex] and a diferential of the circle is [tex]dl[/tex] and when come to the part of get the relation of [tex]dl = \lambda dQ =[/tex] then I get stuck, I can't "see" the correct relation :), I guess is some like [tex]dl = \lambda rd\theta[/tex] now I must obtain what is [tex]d\theta[/tex]...

Anyway, I guess you see th point, I understand at rudimentary the concepts (I know what you are asking and what I will answer), but the part of solve the problem isn't right.

I think what I will like to see examples and problems are about:

1) Newton's Laws. (tensors, friction,
    2) Work and energy.
    3) A little of circular motion and kinetic.
    4) Electric interactions:
    • coulomb's law
    • electric flow
    • gauss's law and
    • electric potential)
    5) magnetic interactions:
    • Lorentz Force
    • Biot-Savat's Law
    • Ampere's Law

I hope if you have any feed-back on such a reference, I not need the theory I guess, I need focus more in the problem solving.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2006 #2

rea

I haven't finded nothing similar, tought some exersices here and there but that dosent help much ;).

OK, I guess then I will need ask the questions directly here instead.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?