Online book with examples and exersices?

• Thread starter rea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the speaker is struggling with their physics course and needs to take a "recuperation" exam. They are looking for a book or online resource with examples and exercises to help them understand the concepts better. They mention specifically struggling with calculus and vectors, and give an example of a problem they are having trouble solving involving electric field. They request resources on Newton's Laws, work and energy, circular motion and kinetic, and electric and magnetic interactions. They express a need for problem-solving focus rather than theory.
rea
Hi there people, I have been in the physics course of my school, tought I not aprovate it.

Then I need present a exam of "recuperation", I will like to know if you have a book/resource (online) because I can't buy for the moment and the exam is soon, then I need to see examples :), I think now that I have studied I understand somewhat good some concepts then I guess I not need more "theory" but get hands on examples and exercises, that also mean that a large text will not help much because no time for read it.I'm litle rusty at calculus and vectors, but I think I can pass over... the not much problem about that. With me specially what fail is how to solve the problem, that is something like "I understand what you whant, I understand the 'factors(concepts in theory)' in the problem, but don't know how exactly plug them on"... for example, now I'm trying to solve a problem in electric field, is the one that is a semicircle with a +Q in the midle and -Q in the other midle... I know that I have a [tex]d\theta[/tex] and a diferential of the circle is [tex]dl[/tex] and when come to the part of get the relation of [tex]dl = \lambda dQ =[/tex] then I get stuck, I can't "see" the correct relation :), I guess is some like [tex]dl = \lambda rd\theta[/tex] now I must obtain what is [tex]d\theta[/tex]...Anyway, I guess you see th point, I understand at rudimentary the concepts (I know what you are asking and what I will answer), but the part of solve the problem isn't right.I think what I will like to see examples and problems are about:

1) Newton's Laws. (tensors, friction,
2) Work and energy.
3) A little of circular motion and kinetic.
4) Electric interactions:
  • coulomb's law
  • electric flow
  • gauss's law and
  • electric potential)
5) magnetic interactions:
  • Lorentz Force
  • Biot-Savat's Law
  • Ampere's Law
I hope if you have any feed-back on such a reference, I not need the theory I guess, I need focus more in the problem solving.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't finded nothing similar, tought some exersices here and there but that dosent help much ;).

OK, I guess then I will need ask the questions directly here instead.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your situation. It sounds like you have a good understanding of the basic concepts but need more practice with problem-solving. I can definitely recommend some online resources for you to use as preparation for your exam.

One great resource for physics problems and exercises is Khan Academy. They have a large selection of practice problems and examples for Newton's Laws, work and energy, circular motion, and electric and magnetic interactions. You can access these resources for free on their website.

Another great resource is Physics Classroom. They have interactive tutorials and practice problems for each of the topics you mentioned, including Newton's Laws, work and energy, circular motion, and electric and magnetic interactions. They also have a section specifically for problem-solving strategies, which may be helpful for you.

Lastly, I would recommend checking out MIT OpenCourseWare. They have a variety of physics courses available online for free, including lectures, problem sets, and solutions. You can search for courses that cover the specific topics you mentioned, such as electricity and magnetism.

I hope these resources will be helpful for your exam preparation. Remember to take your time and practice as many problems as you can to improve your problem-solving skills. Good luck on your exam!

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to me for help with your physics exam. I understand that you are looking for an online book or resource with examples and exercises to help you prepare for your exam. I can definitely provide some recommendations for you.

One online resource that I highly recommend is Khan Academy. They have a comprehensive physics course that covers all the topics you mentioned, including Newton's Laws, work and energy, circular motion, electric and magnetic interactions. They also have a wide range of practice problems and exercises for each topic, which will definitely help you with your problem-solving skills. Best of all, it is completely free to use.

Another great resource is MIT OpenCourseWare, which offers free online course materials from actual physics courses at MIT. You can access lecture notes, problem sets, and solutions for a variety of topics, including the ones you mentioned. This will give you a more in-depth understanding of the concepts and how to apply them to problem-solving.

In addition to these online resources, I would also recommend practicing with past exam papers or practice tests. This will help you get a feel for the types of questions that may be asked on your exam and will also give you more hands-on practice with problem-solving.

I understand that you may be feeling a little rusty with calculus and vectors, but don't worry. With practice, you will definitely improve your skills and be able to solve problems more easily. Remember to also review any relevant formulas and equations before your exam.

I hope these suggestions help you with your exam preparation. Best of luck on your exam! And remember, practice makes perfect. Keep practicing and you will definitely improve your problem-solving skills.

Best regards,

1. What are the benefits of using online books with examples and exercises?

Online books with examples and exercises offer several benefits. Firstly, they provide a convenient platform for learning, as they can be accessed anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. Additionally, they often include interactive elements such as quizzes and videos, making the learning experience more engaging. Moreover, these online books are often more affordable than physical textbooks, making them a more accessible option for students.

2. How do online books with examples and exercises enhance the learning experience?

Online books with examples and exercises can enhance the learning experience in several ways. Firstly, they provide visual aids such as images and videos, which can help students better understand the material. Additionally, the examples and exercises offer hands-on practice, allowing students to apply what they have learned and improve their understanding. These online books also often provide immediate feedback, helping students identify and correct any mistakes they may have made.

3. Are online books with examples and exercises suitable for all subjects?

Online books with examples and exercises can be used for a wide range of subjects, from math and science to languages and literature. They are particularly helpful for subjects that require practice and application, such as mathematics or coding. However, for subjects that require hands-on experience, such as laboratory work, physical textbooks may still be necessary.

4. How can online books with examples and exercises be used by teachers?

Teachers can use online books with examples and exercises in various ways. They can assign specific chapters or sections for students to read and complete exercises on, or they can use the interactive elements, such as quizzes, as a form of assessment. Online books can also be used as supplemental material to traditional textbooks, providing students with more resources for learning.

5. Are online books with examples and exercises suitable for self-study?

Yes, online books with examples and exercises can be an excellent resource for self-study. They provide a structured and organized approach to learning, with examples and exercises to practice and assess understanding. Additionally, the interactive elements can keep learners engaged and motivated. However, it is essential to have a strong internet connection and self-discipline to ensure effective self-study with online books.