Output Voltage of Feedback Amplifier is 14.85V

In summary: Vi - βVo). The output voltage is then Vo = (1000 x (Vi - βVo))/2. In summary, an amplifier without feedback has an output signal of 15 V with 10% second harmonic distortions when the input signal is 15 mV. With 1.5% feedback, the output voltage can be calculated by finding the closed loop gain, Af, and using the equation Vo = (1000 x (Vi - βVo))/2, where Vi is the input voltage and β is the feedback factor.
ranju

Homework Statement

An amplifier without feedback provides an output signal of 15 V with 10% second harmonic distortions when input signal signal is 15 mV. If 1.5% of the output is feedback to the input in a negative series shunt amplifier, what is output voltage?[/B]

Homework Equations

input signal (Vs) = 15mV , V0=15V , Af(gain with feedback) = V0/Vs[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

I have got Af =1000 & feedback factor beta =0.015[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
So, you have some working and an answer showing what is the output voltage with feedback?

Af=1000 is the open loop gain right. If that is so just calculate closed loop gain and multiply with the input .

lazyaditya said:
Af=1000 is the open loop gain right.
Af is the gain with feedback .. we can find A by Af=A/1+beta*A
but I am not getting how to find the output voltage with feedback..??
NascentOxygen said:
So, you have some working and an answer showing what is the output voltage with feedback?
we have to find the output voltage with feedback..!

15 V with 10% second harmonic distortions
Can you explain what this means?

15 V is the output voltage without feedback and 10% is the distortion D without feedback..!

I have got Af =1000 & feedback factor beta =0.015
The gain without feedback is 1000. So if you are using "Af" to denote gain with feedback, then Af is not 1000. We don't know what is the value of Af, you are required to determine Af.

Likes lazyaditya
Not again.>! I am really sorry..Its my mistake once again..now I am not getting how to do it..!

Now that you know that A=15/15mV , A=1000 and you have beta=0.015 just calculate gain with feedback "Af" . Since input voltage has also been known (15 V), calculate output voltage by the equation you have given.

This cannot be solved in this manner..! A is found when we are knowing the input voltage Vi but that is not given.>!

ranju said:
An amplifier without feedback provides an output signal of 15 V with 10% second harmonic distortions when input signal signal is 15 mV.
Input signal is 15 mV and output you get without feedback is 15 V.

This terminology difference is killing me..! ohkk..so finally its clear.. we are having without feedback: V0=15V and Vi=15mV..& hence A= 1000beta=0.015 , so we can find Af.. Now how we are going to find output voltage with feedback..??

ranju said:
This terminology difference is killing me..! ohkk..so finally its clear.. we are having without feedback: V0=15V and Vi=15mV..& hence A= 1000beta=0.015 , so we can find Af.. Now how we are going to find output voltage with feedback..??
Output is 1000x the input, the same as before, there is no change there. But now the input to that amplifier, instead of being Vi, is made to be (Vi - βVo). So the amplifier amplifies this by 1000x

1. What is the significance of an output voltage of 14.85V in a feedback amplifier?

An output voltage of 14.85V in a feedback amplifier indicates the strength or magnitude of the output signal. It is the voltage level that is present at the output of the amplifier and is used to drive external devices such as speakers or motors.

2. How is the output voltage of a feedback amplifier measured?

The output voltage of a feedback amplifier can be measured using a voltmeter. The voltmeter is connected to the output terminal of the amplifier and the voltage reading is taken. It is important to note that the output voltage may vary depending on the input signal and load conditions.

3. What factors affect the output voltage of a feedback amplifier?

The output voltage of a feedback amplifier is affected by various factors such as the input signal, the gain of the amplifier, the type and value of feedback components, and the load connected to the output. Changes in any of these factors can cause fluctuations in the output voltage.

4. Can the output voltage of a feedback amplifier be adjusted?

Yes, the output voltage of a feedback amplifier can be adjusted by changing the feedback components or the gain of the amplifier. This can be done by altering the circuit design or using external components such as potentiometers or resistors.

5. What is the ideal output voltage for a feedback amplifier?

The ideal output voltage for a feedback amplifier depends on the specific application and the desired output. However, in general, the output voltage should be within the power supply range and within the safe operating limits of the amplifier and connected devices.