1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Paralles buses in PC

1. Nov 14, 2008 #1

I have a project to do it in my final year, the project is to develope a program to drive motors in a CNC machine, the problem is this CNC machine has it's own card (hardware&software) to be installed in a PC bus to comunacte with the CNC machine but this card is missing and the company which was making this type of CNC machine will no longare producing it, now I want again to communicate with CNC machine from the parallel bus inside the PC is it possible, Iam not sure.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2008 #2
    Maybe, what model cnc is it?
    If it is fanuc or a jema standard machine I might be able to help you.
  4. Nov 15, 2008 #3
    Thanks for your reply, the CNC machine which Iam using it in project is a small CNC machine (Feedback 926) with 3 stepper motor.
  5. Nov 16, 2008 #4
    I haven't heard of Feedback. But if you are allowed to isolate the motors from the
    controller you can use any off the shelf controller to drive them. There are used
    logic controllers available (cheap and easy). Or, you could write your own program to control them with the parallel port (cheaper but not so easy).

Google it. There are many options.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?