Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Perfboard designer software

1. Mar 28, 2007 #1
    Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any freeware software programs for doing stripboard/perfboard layouts. For the time being, I've been sticking with breadboards (which work great), but I'm ready to make circuits that are more robust, compact, and permanent. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jason O

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Do you mean PCB layouts? Or some tool to help you document how you are going to hand-wire ICs and components that you are soldering onto 0.100" prototype boards with plated-through holes?

For PCB layouts, there are some PCB fab companies that offer free software to do simple layouts that they will fab in small numbers for you for a reasonable cost. For 0.100" perfboard layouts, I usually just do a floorplan by hand, and use the schematic for documenting the interconnects. Highlight each connection on the schematic as you make each connection, and you'll be okay staying organized.

4. Mar 29, 2007 #3
    Yeah I was referring specifically to the perfboard. Thanks for the tip.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?