Preparing for a Career in Electrical Work: Sample Physics 11 Questions

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of taking Physics 11 as a prerequisite for becoming an Electrician. The group discussed the level of difficulty of the course and the necessity of having a strong math background. Eventually, one of the members decided to pursue a different career path as a Carpenter.
JasonH
Hey guys, I was thinking about becoming an Electrician. I need to take Physics 11 and was just wondering if you guys can give me some example questions so I can see how hard physics 11 is.

Physics news on Phys.org
What does "Physics 11" mean? It has got to be a regional expression.

Physics 11 separates the men from the boys.

I mean to say "Grade 11 Physics"

JasonH said:
I mean to say "Grade 11 Physics"
Easy stuff. Definitely take it, and take all the math you can. Even as an electrician, it will be helpful for you to be comfortable with trig. You probably don't need to take calculus if you don't want to though.

bump
Bump

if u're in Australia like me... The preliminary coarse is like all equations if i remember it rite. If u're good at maths(good memory/solving algebraic) I am sure u will have no problems at all.

Forget it I am going to be a Carpenter.

1. What is Physics 11?

Physics 11 is an introductory level course that covers the fundamental principles and concepts of physics, including motion, forces, energy, and electricity. It is usually taken by high school students and serves as a prerequisite for higher level physics courses.

2. What topics are covered in Physics 11?

The topics covered in Physics 11 include kinematics (the study of motion), dynamics (the study of forces), energy, waves, and electricity. Students will also learn about scientific inquiry and problem-solving skills.

3. What is the purpose of taking Physics 11?

The purpose of taking Physics 11 is to gain a basic understanding of the fundamental principles and laws of physics. It also helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in many fields of study and professions.

4. What are the requirements for taking Physics 11?

The requirements for taking Physics 11 may vary depending on the school or educational institution. However, most schools require students to have a strong foundation in mathematics, particularly algebra and geometry.

5. What are the career opportunities for students who take Physics 11?

Students who take Physics 11 may pursue a variety of career paths, including engineering, medicine, computer science, and research. The problem-solving and analytical skills learned in this course are highly transferable and can be applied to various fields and industries.