1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics BSc to Nuclear Engineering for Grad School

1. Jan 22, 2013 #1
    How difficult would this be? I'm planning on taking all of the related classes for my upper-division electives (Nuclear Physics, Particle Physics, etc) but I want to make sure that this is possible before I completely commit to it.

Also, for those who are in / done with grad school: is it possible to do that subject for grad school part time? My family really needs income as soon as possible, even if it means taking longer to get my masters. Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2013 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I took the same route except I did my MS in Physics as well. It's certainly possible. The main difficulty for me was not having the background in the sense that I didn't know industry standards, terminology, etc. I'd recommend taking or sitting in on some of the pertinent undergraduate courses if the university will allow this. Your advisor should be able to give you advice as, as far as I can tell, Physics -> Nuc. Eng. is rather common.

4. Jan 23, 2013 #3
    Thanks for the news. Much appreciated!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook