1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Drawing Help

1. Jul 3, 2016 #1

MathWA

Gold Member

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Sketch a free body force diagram for a tightrope walker balanced on a tightrope.
    (Use a picture that you made by right clicking the mouse in file explorer. Go to New section and select New bitmap image)
    2. Relevant equations
    Maybe W1d1=W0d0
    or Newton's Laws of Motions
    3. The attempt at a solution
    I tried drawing it, but it wasn't successful. (I'm a horrible artist.) Below is a file that I drew:
    (Where is the attachment button)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2016 #2

James R

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What forces do you have in your diagram, exerted on the tightrope walker?

4. Jul 4, 2016 #3

MathWA

Gold Member

I don't know.:oldconfused:

5. Jul 4, 2016 #4

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What force makes tightrope walking dangerous?

6. Jul 5, 2016 #5

James R

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You don't know what you drew?

You haven't included an attachment that shows what you drew, so I'm relying on your description.

What are the forces on him/her? Does the Earth exert any force? Does the rope exert any force? Does the air around him/her exert any force? Is there anything else that exerts a force?
    What are the directions of any forces exerted on the tightrope walker? Upwards? Downwards? Sideways? Diagonal?
    If the tightrope walker is balanced on the tightrope, what does that tell you about the net force on him/her? And does this help you to work out the relative magnitudes and/or directions of any forces acting on him/her?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted