Physics laws related for work and force.

In summary, the individual was seeking help to remember laws related to work and force in physics for their grade 10 class. They were able to recall Ohm's law and oscilloscope-related laws, but were struggling with others. They were advised to use online resources such as Google and Wikipedia to refresh their memory, and were reminded that seeking homework help is not allowed.
Mohamad&Issa
Hi,
I was trying to remember all the laws in physics needed for my grade(10) but I couldn't remember except Ohm's law and every thing related to oscilloscope but I didn't remember laws related to work and force.
Can anybody help me please.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mohamad&Issa said:
Hi,
I was trying to remember all the laws in physics needed for my grade(10) but I couldn't remember except Ohm's law and every thing related to oscilloscope but I didn't remember laws related to work and force.
Can anybody help me please.
Thanks.

Google is your friend. These concepts are all so basic that there is a lot of info available about them online, and most of it is probably even reliable. Try looking up Newton's laws of motion, or even "work" and "force" on Wikipedia. Also, this homework help post is not acceptable. You have been warned.

1. What is the equation for calculating work in physics?

The equation for calculating work in physics is W = F * d * cos(theta), where W represents work, F represents force, d represents displacement, and theta represents the angle between the force and displacement vectors. This equation is derived from the definition of work as the product of force and displacement in the direction of the force.

2. What is the relationship between work and energy?

Work and energy are closely related concepts in physics. Work is defined as the transfer of energy from one object to another, or the change in energy of an object. In other words, work is a measure of the energy required to move an object. The unit for both work and energy is the joule (J).

3. What is Newton's Second Law of Motion and how does it relate to work and force?

Newton's Second Law of Motion states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. In other words, the greater the force acting on an object, the more it will accelerate. This law relates to work and force because the work done on an object is equal to the change in its kinetic energy, which is directly related to its mass and acceleration according to Newton's Second Law.

4. How does friction affect the work and force in a system?

Friction is a force that opposes motion between two surfaces in contact. In physics, friction is considered a non-conservative force, meaning it dissipates energy and does negative work. This means that friction decreases the amount of work done in a system, and can also decrease the amount of force required to move an object.

5. Can work be negative in physics?

Yes, work can be negative in physics. This occurs when the force and displacement vectors are in opposite directions, resulting in negative work. Negative work means that energy is being taken away from the system, rather than added to it. An example of this is when a person is pushing a box up a ramp, but gravity is pulling the box down the ramp, resulting in negative work being done on the box.