What Are Some Beginner-Friendly Physics Projects for Summer?

In summary, Danger says that he can walk on water any time because it is bloody freezing most of the year, but Zz.Mousetrap Car thinks that it is summer and so it is too cold.
Rasine
this summer i would like to do some sort of project that involves physics. does anyone have any suggestions? please keep in mind that i am a beginger physicest hopeful and also a high school student.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www4.umdnj.edu/camlbweb/scifair.html

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mousetrap Car (Design a car powered by a mousetrap.)
Egg Drop (Design a container so that an egg can withstand a drop.)
Basic Theremodynamics
Basic Optics (You may need to use equipment at your high school or a local college.)

Let's solve a couple of problems at the same time here. Throw an ant off of the Empire State Building and see if it survives. (You might want to check with the stuntman's guild first to see if the ant needs union status.) :biggrin:

Danger and I have been having some good natured fun with each other in the thread "Woud an ant die if dropped off the ESB." We may not have killed the ant, but have done a pretty good job on the changing the thread, if not killing it. However, be that as it may, I direct your attention to post 14 of that thread (and those related) for another interesting physics project - "how to walk on water" (actually running is required)

Danger is both too old and too cold to do it. I am just too old. If you are young, strong and not too fat, give it a spin (or should i say splash) and let us know the results. (If you drown, sue Danger. He is the one who initially inferred he could walk on water.) :tongue2:

Billy T said:
(If you drown, sue Danger. He is the one who initially inferred he could walk on water.) :tongue2:
I can walk on water just about any time, because around here it's bloody frozen most of the year! I'm on my way to work now, and have 5cm of snow to walk through. 'Summer' my arse. :grumpy:

1. What is the goal of the project?

The goal of this project is to investigate the principles of physics and apply them in a real-world scenario. This could involve designing an experiment, building a device, or analyzing data to better understand the laws of physics.

2. What materials or equipment will be needed for the project?

The materials and equipment needed will depend on the specific project. It could range from simple items like rulers and stopwatches to more advanced equipment like sensors, motors, or lasers. It is important to plan and gather all necessary materials before starting the project.

3. How much time will be required to complete the project?

The time required to complete a project involving physics can vary greatly. It will depend on the complexity of the project, the availability of materials and equipment, and the level of experience of the person conducting the project. It is important to plan and allocate enough time to complete the project successfully.

4. Can the project be modified for different levels of understanding?

Yes, the project can be modified for different levels of understanding. For example, a project that involves building a simple electric circuit can be modified to include more complex components for advanced students. It is important to consider the audience and make appropriate modifications to the project.

5. What are the potential safety hazards involved in the project?

It is important to carefully consider and address any potential safety hazards before starting a physics project. This could include electrical hazards, sharp objects, or chemicals. It is important to follow safety guidelines and take necessary precautions to avoid accidents and injury.