1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pleas Help me!

1. Jan 9, 2007 #1
    Hello my friends

I have a question about riemannian tensor. how Get Rii in space with d-dimentions? for example in coordinate taht linear element is
    ds^2=(dx^2+dy^2+dz^2)/[1+/(K/4)*(x^2+y^2+z^2)] where K is Gaussian tensor.

Thanks!:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2007 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

do you mean "curvature" for K?

In any case, as it stands, this isn't really a relativity question... it's more of a tensor or differential geometry question...but it really sounds like a mathematics homework problem. What is your starting point? Show some work first.

4. Jan 13, 2007 #3

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Hi, Physicor,

I second what Rob said and add (if this is homework, I probably shouldn't) that you appear to have written down what might be the desired answer to a problem asking you to compute curvature of spatial hyperslices (orthogonal to the world lines of the matter) in an FRW model.

5. Jan 14, 2007 #4
    But general Relativity depends this case. because when you talk about relativity, it is important that understanding some problems and subjects such as riemannian geometry & etc, specially for describtion of this answer that riemann proved it. there is a space with above line - element that K is gaussian curvature tensor (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GaussianCurvature.html)

I can not understand this question " do you mean "curvature" for K? "

-------

thank u Chris Hillman. but my question didn't depend your answer.

Good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?