Train Acceleration Calculation: Spider on a Web Scenario

• Thread starter muktl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the acceleration of a train given a scenario involving a spider hanging from a thread on the train. The suggested solution is to draw a free body diagram of the spider and apply Newton's laws, as the spider is acting like a pendulum. The question can be further clarified if needed.
muktl

Homework Statement

if given a scenario for example, a spider is hanging down from a thread of spider web on a train, and when the train moves the spider moved 10 dregees
how to find the acceleration for the train? pretend X is the weight of the spider

if you don't understand the question msg back and i can explain better, i just need a general idea of how to do it

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Draw a free body diagram of the spider and note all forces acting on the spider (its weight is one of them, what's the other(s))? Then apply Newton's laws.

Last edited:
The spider is acting like a pendulum ;)

1. What does "Please help me out on this" mean?

"Please help me out on this" is a polite way of asking for assistance or support with a specific task or issue. It is a common phrase used when someone is struggling or in need of guidance.

2. Why do people say "Please help me out on this" instead of just asking for help?

Using the phrase "Please help me out on this" can be seen as more polite and respectful than simply asking for help. It acknowledges that the person you are asking for help is taking time out of their day to assist you, and shows appreciation for their help.

3. Is it necessary to say "Please help me out on this" when asking for help?

No, it is not necessary to use this phrase when asking for help. It is a matter of personal preference and can depend on the situation. Some people may find it overly polite, while others may appreciate the courtesy.

4. How can I respond when someone says "Please help me out on this"?

You can respond by simply saying "Sure, I'd be happy to help" or "Of course, what do you need help with?" This shows that you are willing to assist and are open to discussing the issue further.

5. Is there a different way to ask for help besides saying "Please help me out on this"?

Yes, there are many different ways to ask for help. Some other common phrases include "Can you give me a hand?" or "I could use some assistance with this." It is important to be polite and respectful when asking for help, regardless of the specific wording used.