Solutions for 11th Grade Math Problems (30 Questions) with Step-by-Step Working

• Thread starter Pagan
  • Start date
In summary, the student is asking for step-by-step solutions for several math problems and is insulting the experts they are seeking help from. The experts advise the student to read and attempt the problems first before asking for help, and to show their work and where they are struggling in order to receive effective assistance.
Pagan
Please help me i am in 11th grade. These were the questions asked to me in a test and after the test was over the teacher asked to sumbmit the complete set of solutions for the test in four days time. There were total thirty questions I was able to do seventeen. I need help please or i will be mincemeat...

I need the step-by-step solutions of the following problems and theorums, axioms used if any.

although i have the correct answers...I want the Working.

well... here goes...:

1] If the expression mx - 1 + 1/x is non negative for all positive real x, then the minimum value of m must be:
(a) -1/2 (b) 0 (c) 1/4 (d) 1/2

2] If a,b,c are the pth,qth,rth terms of an Harmonic Progression, then
ab(p-q) + bc(q-r) +ca(r-p) equals
(a) 1 (b) -1 (c) 0 (d) None

3] Given p Arithmatic Progressions, each of which consists of n terms. If their 1st terms are 1,2,3,...,p and common differences are 1,3,5,...,(2p-1)
respectively, then the sum of the terms of all the progressions is:
(a) np(np+1)/2 (b) n(p+1)/2 (c) np(n+1) (d)None

4] the straight line y = x + 2 rotates about a point where it cuts the x-axis and becomes perpendicular to ax + by + c = 0 then its eqn is
(a) ax + by + 2a =0 (b) ax - by - 2a = 0
(c) bx + ay - 2b =0 (d) ay - bx + 2b = 0

5] Points on the line x + y = 4 that lie at a unit distanance from 4x+3y-10=0 are
(a) (3,1)&(7,11) (b) (-3,7)&(2,2) (c) (-3,7)&(-7,11) (d)none of these

6] two lines are given by (x-2y)2 + c(x-2y) = 0 the value of c such that the distance between them is 3 is
(a) c=0 (b) c=±v3

7] drawn from the origin are two mutually perpendicular lines forming an isoceles triangle together with the st. line 2x+y=a then the area of the triangle is
a) (a^2)/2 b) (a^2)/3 c) (a^2)/5

8] The minimum value of (sin a)^2 + (cos a)^4 is
a) 3/8 b) 1 c) 3/4

9]Value of sin 10° + sin 50° + sin 70° =
a) 1/16 b) 1/8

10] If
cos² A + cos² B + cos² C = 1 then triangle ABC is
a) equilateral triangle b)right triangle c)isoseles triangle

11]in a triangle ABC, tan(A/2), tan(B/2), tan(C/2) are in harmonic progression. then cot(A/2)*cot(C/2) is
a)1 b) 2 c) 3

12] If a lies in the third quadrant, then v4(sin a)^4 + (sin a)^2 + 4 [cos{45°+(a/2)}]^2 equals
a)1 b)2 c)-2

13] If a and ß are two distinct roots of a(tan x)+b(sec x)=c, then tan(a+ß) equals
(a) (a^2 - c^2)/(a^2 + c^2) (b) (a^2 + c^2)/(a^2 - c^2)
(c) 2ac/(a^2 + c^2) (d) 2ac//(a^2 - c^2)

correct answers
1] c
2] c
3] a
4] d
5] a
6] b
7] c
8] c
9] a or b(not sure)
10] b or c(not sure)
11] c
12] b
13] d

List of Symbols used by me
+ alt+3544
a alt+3552
ß alt+3553
p alt+3555
S alt+3556
s alt+3557
F alt+3560
O alt+3562
8 alt+3564
f alt+3565
e alt+3566
n alt+3567
± alt+3569
= alt+3570
= alt+3571

˜ alt+3575
° alt+3576
v alt+3579
n alt+3580
² alt+3581
♂ alt+3595
♀ alt+3596
↕ alt+3602
¶ alt+3604
§ alt+3605
T alt+1257

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
IMHO, it's time for you to do some reading:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28 or https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94381
Now, what have you done? Post your work, and where you get stuck, so that we can help (we do not show you step-by-step solution) you.

Surely, you know better than to begin asking for help by insulting the people you are asking? Perhaps you don't realize that that is exactly what you are doing when you say: "I need the step-by-step solutions of the following problems and theorums, axioms used if any."

Your teacher expects you to to do these problems. They were given as a test- which indicates that your teacher thinks you ought to be able to do them without using your textbook in a limited time. Now you are being given a chance to do them over 4 days using your textbook. You surely ought to be able to do them yourself.

Perhaps you need hints or corrections where you have gone wrong. Fine, show us what you have done, what you do understand about these problems, where you have difficulty and we will be happy to help you. However, none of us here dislikes either you or your teacher enough to try to tricky your teacher into thinking you have learned something when you have not. It is insulting for you to suggest that we would.

1. What kind of problems are you facing?

The problems could range from academic or technical difficulties to personal or emotional challenges. It is important to provide specific details about the problems so that the person helping you can better understand and provide appropriate assistance.

2. How long have you been struggling with these problems?

The duration of the problem can help determine the complexity and severity of the issue. It is also important to mention if the problem has been ongoing or if it has recently arisen. This information can help the person assisting you to come up with a suitable solution.

3. Have you tried any solutions on your own?

It is helpful to mention if you have already attempted to solve the problem yourself and what approaches you have taken. This can prevent the person helping you from suggesting solutions that you have already tried and can also give them an idea of what may or may not work for you.

4. Can you provide more background information?

Sometimes, additional context can be useful in understanding the root cause of the problem. It may also help the person assisting you to offer more targeted advice. Be open and honest about your situation, but only share what you are comfortable with.

5. How urgent is it to find a solution?

It is important to communicate the urgency of the situation so that the person helping you can prioritize and provide timely assistance. If the problem is time-sensitive, make sure to mention it. However, keep in mind that it may take some time to find a suitable solution, so be patient and open to suggestions.