Please name a descent book for solid state physics of undergradute level .

However, if you are a beginner in Quantum theory, Ashcroft and Mermin's Solid State Physics is a classic and may be more suitable for your level. Another option could be Principles of Electronic Materials and Devices by S.O. Kasap, which covers basic concepts of crystallography and is intended for electronics engineering courses.
peeyush_ali
please name a descent book for solid state physics of undergradute level..please..pleasez.

hi... i hav just joined my engineering course for electronics... and I desperately need a descent book for solidstate physics to embark on... note that I'm a begginer in Quantum theory..

Physics news on Phys.org

Kittel's, Introduction to Solid State Physics

as( nbo 10 )says charls Kittel's, Introduction to Solid State Physics is the best

1. What is a good book for learning solid state physics at the undergraduate level?

A popular choice among students and professors is "Introduction to Solid State Physics" by Charles Kittel. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject and is suitable for undergraduates.

2. Is there a book that covers both theoretical and experimental aspects of solid state physics?

Yes, "Solid State Physics: An Introduction" by Philip Hofmann covers both theoretical and experimental concepts in solid state physics, making it a great choice for undergraduate students.

3. Are there any online resources for learning solid state physics at the undergraduate level?

Yes, "Solid State Physics for Undergraduates" by Michael S. Fuhrer is a free online textbook that covers the fundamentals of solid state physics and is designed specifically for undergraduate students.

4. Which book would you recommend for self-study in solid state physics at the undergraduate level?

"Solid State Physics" by Neil W. Ashcroft and N. David Mermin is a highly recommended book for self-study. It is well-written and covers a wide range of topics in solid state physics.

5. Is there a book that includes real-world applications of solid state physics at the undergraduate level?

"Solid State Physics: Essentials" by David W. Snoke provides a great balance between theory and real-world applications, making it a great choice for undergraduate students interested in the practical aspects of solid state physics.