Please some help With integrall over surfaces

• Thread starter ajguerras
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Surfaces
In summary, the conversation suggests seeking help with understanding a calculus problem by reposting it on a different platform and providing a clear explanation of what is not understood. The conversation also acknowledges the resource as a helpful tool for learning.
ajguerras

Homework Statement

Please read the attached

Homework Equations

In the image attached

The Attempt at a Solution

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• ejer 11.jpg
    ejer 11.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 391
  • ejer 12-2.jpg
    ejer 12-2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 409
  • ejer 12-3.jpg
    ejer 12-3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 384
Physics news on Phys.org
If i were you, and wanted a rsponse, I suggest reposting this over on calculus and beyond, but at least make an effort at showing what you don't understand or do. Otherwise it will be likely ignored as has been here. So iy you can do first part where you make parametric as fx(z), do that, and ask how do I proceed?

ok thanks for the advice, the thing is a little problem after I make the variable change.. I ´ll re-post explaining myself better...

No Problem, this is a great resource, just need to learn a few ground rules to reap great rewards.

1. What is an integral over a surface?

An integral over a surface is a mathematical concept used to calculate the area or volume of a three-dimensional object. It involves finding the sum of infinitely small parts of the surface, and is typically denoted by a double integral symbol.

2. How is an integral over a surface different from a regular integral?

An integral over a surface is different from a regular integral in that it is not just limited to one-dimensional objects. Instead, it deals with two-dimensional surfaces, and requires the use of multiple variables and a different set of integration techniques.

3. What is the purpose of using an integral over a surface?

An integral over a surface is used to calculate various physical quantities such as mass, center of mass, and moments of inertia for three-dimensional objects. It is also commonly used in physics and engineering to solve problems involving fluid flow and electromagnetism.

4. What are some common techniques for solving integrals over surfaces?

Some common techniques for solving integrals over surfaces include converting the integral into a double or triple integral, using polar or spherical coordinates, and applying various integration rules such as the substitution rule and the product rule. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of vector calculus and surface parametrization.

5. Are there any real-world applications of integrals over surfaces?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of integrals over surfaces. Some examples include calculating the surface area of a three-dimensional object, finding the volume of a solid with curved sides, determining the force of a fluid on a surface, and predicting the electric field around a charged object.