Please help (i have a paper tomorrow & i am not able to solve it)

• Thread starter mohdfasieh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for help with a paper due tomorrow. They mention a question involving a piston cylinder device and nitrogen gas undergoing a polytropic process. The student also asks for the equations they should be using, but the responder advises them to attempt the problem themselves. The conversation is then moved to a homework help forum.
mohdfasieh
Plz help please (i have a paper tomorrow & i am not able to solve it)

QUESTION :

A piston cylinder device contains 1.2 kg of nitrogen gas at 120 kpa and 300 kelvin. the gas is now compressed slowly in a polytropic process during whivh PV ^1.3=constant .The process end when the volume is reduced by one-half. Determine the entropy change of nitrogen during the process.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please write the equations that you think you should be using, e.g. equation for work on/by the system.

[tex]\Delta S[/tex] = [itex]\int_i^f\,\frac{dQ}{T}[/itex]

and the first law of thermodynamics for a closed system is

Q = [itex]\Delta U[/itex] + W

Last edited:
mohdfasieh, please show what you've attempted, even if it's only that you looked up the equations to use.

Neither you nor we will benefit from any of us just doing your homework for you.

That being said, I'm moving this thread to Homework help.

1. How can I quickly solve my paper for tomorrow?

One way to quickly solve your paper is to break it down into smaller, more manageable tasks. Start by identifying the main topic or question of the paper and then brainstorming ideas and key points to support your argument. From there, you can outline your paper and begin writing each section, making sure to cite any sources you use.

2. I'm struggling with a specific concept in my paper. Can you offer any guidance?

Absolutely! It's important to reach out for help when you're struggling with a specific concept. Consider talking to your classmates, professor, or a tutor for additional support. You can also try researching the concept online or in textbooks to gain a better understanding.

3. I'm feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to start with my paper. Any suggestions?

It's normal to feel overwhelmed when faced with a paper due tomorrow. Take a deep breath and try to break the paper down into smaller tasks. You can also try creating a schedule or timeline to help you stay on track and manage your time effectively.

4. I'm having trouble finding reliable sources for my paper. What should I do?

Finding reliable sources is crucial for any paper. Start by using reputable search engines or databases, such as Google Scholar or your school's library website. You can also consult with your professor or a librarian for assistance in finding credible sources.

5. How can I ensure that my paper is well-written and free of errors?

Proofreading and editing your paper is essential for ensuring it is well-written and free of errors. After completing your paper, take a break and then come back to it with fresh eyes. Read through your paper carefully and make any necessary revisions. You can also ask a friend or classmate to review your paper for any mistakes you may have missed.