Best Glue for Bonding Polyurethane Foam or Urethanes

• Thread starter morganromana
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bonding
In summary, the conversation is about finding a spray glue that can effectively bond Polyurethane foam or urethanes. The person has tried using several products without success and suggests trying the HSC13 spray glue by Westech Aerosol, which is effective and safe to use. It is also portable and does not stain.
morganromana
What spray glue to bond Polyurethane foam or urethanes? I’ve tried using several products but they just don’t work.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Tried anything in the 3M Foamfast range?

morganromana said:
What spray glue to bond Polyurethane foam or urethanes? I’ve tried using several products but they just don’t work.

Use HSC13 by Westech Aerosol. I’ve worked before in a shop and used this spray glue to bond mattresses. It’s very effective and unlike the other adhesives sold in the market today, hsc13 is not dangerous to our health since it does not contain any hazardous air pollutants. It does not stain as well. I carry it along at work because it’s portable. Try using hsc13 and see for yourself.

1. What type of glue is best for bonding polyurethane foam?

The best type of glue for bonding polyurethane foam is a spray adhesive or a contact adhesive. These types of glues create a strong bond that is flexible and durable, making it ideal for use on foam materials.

2. Can I use any type of glue to bond polyurethane foam?

No, not all glues are suitable for bonding polyurethane foam. It is important to use a glue specifically designed for foam materials, as other types of glue may not create a strong enough bond or could damage the foam.

3. How do I apply the glue to the polyurethane foam?

The best way to apply glue to polyurethane foam is to spray it or spread it evenly with a brush or roller. Be sure to cover the entire surface of the foam with a thin, even layer of glue for the best results.

4. How long does the glue take to dry?

The drying time for polyurethane foam glue varies depending on the type of glue used. Some may dry in as little as 30 minutes, while others may take several hours. Be sure to follow the instructions on the glue packaging for the recommended drying time.

5. Is there a specific technique for bonding polyurethane foam?

Yes, there are a few techniques that can help ensure a successful bond when using glue on polyurethane foam. These include using a clean and dry surface, applying pressure to the bond, and allowing enough time for the glue to fully dry before using the bonded material.