Solve Potential Difference: V for 45J & 15C

In summary, the conversation is about finding the potential difference using the given values for electric potential energy (E) and charge (Q). The formula for potential difference (V) is mentioned and it is suggested to divide E by Q to find V. Additional information is given about finding potential energy by multiplying the charge with the potential.
JoulesVolts
Could anyone help me with this question? I don't know how to find the Potential Difference.
For example. It gives is say ( V is volts. Q is C - Culombs. E is J Joules)

V= ?
E= 45J
Q= 15C

I'm not sure how to solve this

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't say what the situation is, but for potential difference we have the following relation:

[tex]V=\frac{E}{Q}[/tex]

yup

just do V = E / Q

That's what I don't get how to do. What do I do to find V?
Do I divide E by Q?
I'm sorry I'm really so bad at this ):

You get the potential energy of a charged particle by multiplying the charge with the potential at the place of the particle. If E is the potential energy of a particle the potential is E/Q.
ehild

1. What is potential difference?

Potential difference, also known as voltage, is the difference in electric potential between two points in an electrical circuit. It is measured in volts (V) and represents the amount of energy that is required to move a unit of electric charge from one point to another.

2. How is potential difference calculated?

Potential difference is calculated by dividing the energy (in joules) by the charge (in coulombs). This can be represented by the equation V= E/Q, where V is voltage, E is energy, and Q is charge.

3. What is the potential difference when given 45J of energy and 15C of charge?

Using the equation V= E/Q, we can plug in the given values to find that the potential difference is 3 volts (V).

4. What is the relationship between potential difference and electric current?

Potential difference is directly proportional to electric current, meaning that as the potential difference increases, so does the electric current. This relationship is described by Ohm's Law, which states that V=IR, where V is potential difference, I is current, and R is resistance.

5. How does potential difference affect the flow of electricity?

Potential difference is what drives the flow of electricity, as it creates an electric field that pushes charged particles (such as electrons) through a conductor. Without a potential difference, there would be no flow of electricity.