Prepare to GRE Exam in physics

In summary, the best way to prepare for the GRE in physics is to major in physics and take a large number of required and elective courses. No PGRE score guarantees you'll get into a top graduate program, but the GRE is only one part of an application. You'll also need strong English skills. If you can't even bother to write proper English when asking people if you can get into a top graduate program, you don't have much of a shot.
mwalmasri
Hi,
I want tp prepare to GRE Exam in physics, please give me some titles to male sure that i will get score over able me to continue at Stanford, Cornell..

Physics news on Phys.org
There are several online resources you could find by googling Physics GRE practice.

However, not to be rude or anything, but your English suggests you are not from America. International students are also required to pass the TOEFL, which is a test of your English ability. You might want to ensure you'll pass that before you shell out hundreds of dollars on application fees.

Last edited:
sorry for my bad typing I was very harry, but do you think that the teaching resources at ETS website enough

What is ETS?

Hi
Educational Testing Services (ETS), sponser of TOEFL, GRE ...exams

Ah, of course, I thought you were referring to an institution of some sorts (I have not written the GRE or TOEFL)

I suppose that would be a good place to start, but if you're struggling then search elsewhere, I am only aware of outside physics GRE resources, not TOEFL.

Take a look at the Feynman Lectures, and Griffith's QM and E&M.

No, ETS does not offer books or classes that will sufficiently prepare you for the GRE in physics. You can only prepare for it by majoring in physics and taking a large number of required and elective courses. No PGRE score guarantees you'll get into a top graduate program. The PGRE score is only one of the parts of an application they consider. Another part is the GRE, and you're going to need some work on your English before you'll get a decent score on that or the TOEFL. To earn a PhD, you must write a dissertation, often hundreds of pages, and publish articles in journals. That requires strong English skills. If you can't even bother to write proper English when asking people if you can get into a top graduate program, you don't have much of a shot.

Related to Prepare to GRE Exam in physics

1. How should I prepare for the GRE Exam in physics?

To prepare for the GRE Exam in physics, it is important to start early and create a study schedule that works for you. Review fundamental concepts and equations, practice with sample questions, and take practice exams to familiarize yourself with the format and timing of the exam. Additionally, seek out resources such as study guides and tutoring to supplement your preparation.

2. What topics should I focus on for the physics section of the GRE Exam?

The physics section of the GRE Exam covers a wide range of topics, including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics. It is important to have a strong understanding of all these topics to perform well on the exam. However, it may be helpful to prioritize topics that you are less confident in and spend more time reviewing them.

3. How important is it to have a strong math background for the physics section of the GRE Exam?

A strong math background is essential for success on the physics section of the GRE Exam. Many questions on the exam require mathematical calculations and problem-solving skills. Make sure to review essential math concepts such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry before taking the exam.

4. Are there any specific strategies for tackling the physics section of the GRE Exam?

One strategy for tackling the physics section of the GRE Exam is to read each question carefully and fully understand what is being asked before attempting to answer. It may also be helpful to work through questions systematically and eliminate answer choices that are clearly incorrect. Additionally, make use of the provided calculator and scratch paper to help with calculations and keep track of steps.

5. How can I improve my time management during the physics section of the GRE Exam?

Time management is crucial for success on the physics section of the GRE Exam. Practice with timed exams and set a goal for how long you should spend on each question. If you are struggling with a question, it may be best to move on and come back to it later. Don't spend too much time on any one question, as it may leave you with insufficient time to complete the rest of the exam.