1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Prepare to GRE Exam in physics

Tags:
  1. Apr 8, 2012 #1
    Hi,
    I want tp prepare to GRE Exam in physics, please give me some titles to male sure that i will get score over able me to continue at Stanford, Cornell..

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2012 #2
    There are several online resources you could find by googling Physics GRE practice.

However, not to be rude or anything, but your English suggests you are not from America. International students are also required to pass the TOEFL, which is a test of your English ability. You might want to ensure you'll pass that before you shell out hundreds of dollars on application fees.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. Apr 8, 2012 #3
    sorry for my bad typing I was very harry, but do you think that the teaching resources at ETS website enough

5. Apr 8, 2012 #4
    What is ETS?

6. Apr 8, 2012 #5
    Hi
    Educational Testing Services (ETS), sponser of TOEFL, GRE ....exams

7. Apr 8, 2012 #6
    Ah, of course, I thought you were referring to an institution of some sorts (I have not written the GRE or TOEFL)

I suppose that would be a good place to start, but if you're struggling then search elsewhere, I am only aware of outside physics GRE resources, not TOEFL.

8. Apr 10, 2012 #7
    Take a look at the Feynman Lectures, and Griffith's QM and E&M.

9. Apr 10, 2012 #8

eri

No, ETS does not offer books or classes that will sufficiently prepare you for the GRE in physics. You can only prepare for it by majoring in physics and taking a large number of required and elective courses. No PGRE score guarantees you'll get into a top graduate program. The PGRE score is only one of the parts of an application they consider. Another part is the GRE, and you're going to need some work on your English before you'll get a decent score on that or the TOEFL. To earn a PhD, you must write a dissertation, often hundreds of pages, and publish articles in journals. That requires strong English skills. If you can't even bother to write proper English when asking people if you can get into a top graduate program, you don't have much of a shot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook