1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pressure(Liquid pressure)

1. Apr 16, 2015 #1
    Which of the following liquids exerts the greatest pressure on the base container?
    Height; Density; Area of Base
    A.10cm 1000kg m^-3 20cm^2
    B.10cm 1500kg m^-3 20cm^2
    C.20cm 1800km m^-3 12cm^2
    D.20cm. 1600kg m^-3 7cm^2
    The liquid is contained in a cylinder.
    Please answer with explanation.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2015 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Herwin, it's up to you to solve this problem. Those are the Rules at PF.

4. Apr 16, 2015 #3
    My apologise, I don't understand what do you mean by its up to me to solve these problems. Because there are different variations of their respective height,density, and area. I think there must be an specific answer for this question because it's a question from my test which is either a b c or d

5. Apr 16, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This is plain English. What it says it what it means.

According to the Rules of PF (you did read those, didn't you?), posters to the HW forums must show an attempt at solution in order to receive help.

If you have studied what determines the pressure in a fluid at a given depth, then the answer to this question is quite simple to determine.

The only thing simpler is writing your name on the test paper. :wink:

6. Apr 16, 2015 #5
    If you had used the required homework template, you would have been prompted for an equation that might apply to your problem. What equation might that be?

Chet

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted